Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Poppy!



Here's a card I made for my friend and next door neighbor. Her birthday was last week but I am just now getting to posting it.

I used a new March image from DigiStamp Boutique called Birthday Poppy. I just love these images and I hope to fit in more time coloring them.

I used my Prismacolor markers on the image and added some depth with Prismacolor Pencils. I really like using this combination for the hair. I think it gives it more detail and characteristics of hair, even though it tasks me much longer to finish my coloring. LOL I used Basic Black for the card base and some leftover rust paper for the front base. I had cut out two 4x6 cards from the DCWV Flower Shower paper pack for the paper pieced dress and succeeded on my first try, so I used the second card for the panels in the sketch. The sketch is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge blog hop over the weekend (March 19-21, 2010). Inside I added a simple white panel to write my personal sentiment.

Quick update: I decided to spiffy up the white panel for the inside because it was just screaming for cuteness.
The edge punch created these wonderful little swirls I needed to use them up. I punched out some Hydrangeas from MS 3-in-1 punch to go with them.. It's an EK Success edge punch and I couldn't find the name for it, sorry. I used Stickles and Studio G Glitter glue.
That's all for today. I hope you all had a great weekend and restful Sunday.

Details:
Stamps: DigiStamp Boutique Birthday Poppy, The Cat's Pajamas RS A Beary Good Year
Paper: DCWV Flower Shower paper pack, Basic Black, Rust
Ink: LaserJet, Brilliance Graphite Black, Prismacolor Markers and Pencils*
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Black Button and Carpet thread (really thick thread), Offray Satin, Martha Stewart Photo Corner punch.

 *Prismacolor Details (Pencils in parentheses): Poppy's Hair - Cream, Tulip Yellow, Sand (Goldenrod, Sienna Brown, Light Umber); Skin - Eggshell, Brick Beige, Clay Rose (Peach); Cupcake liners - Light Aqua, Aquamarine; Cupcake Frosting - Mineral Orange, Pumpkin Orange; Candles - Cream, Yellow Orange; Flames - Scarlet Lake, Cherry; Plate - Light Umber, Eggplant; Heart - Scarlet Lake; Background - Blue Sky Light; Floor - Light Umber (Light Umber).

Comments

  1. Ahh, great card! Fantastic colors and her hair looks wonderful, so I think it was worth your time :D !! Thanks for joining our hop at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on your card! I love her hair...looks so silky! Wow, Stacy felt the same way! Love your paper piecing too! Thanks for playing at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I'm sure she will love her card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore your card. I love the paper piecing and I really like easel cards. Love the image and her hair is amzing! Beautiful job!
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I absolutely adore this! Awesome, awesome, cheers and whistles!

    Thanks so much for joining us at SSW!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. your paper piecing and inside and put of your card is just fabulous!I am so glad you took the hop with us this week at SSW.
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous hun love the back ground too, so pleased that you are our GDT at Digi Boutique, big hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, awesome card! I love how you colored her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Welcome to the DSB team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card; love the paper piecing and that digi is adorable - love it! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...