Skip to main content

Keeping it together can be easy


It's another day of our partnership with Scrapbook Adhesives and I'm bringing a little wintry breeze into the hop today with Stampendous' Train Postcard. If you noticed some extra dark shading, well that's just me and my utility knife getting focused on the train so we could use a variety of foam dots by Scrapbook Adhesives.


I stamped the postcard twice, colored one and cut out around the oval frame and colored the second one with a little bit of shading around the edges and the postage stamp. The fun part about this is the super easy dimension you can get when you cut around part of the image and pull it through a slice in the popped up layer. It really looks like the train is coming our way.

I used my Quickie Glue Pen to add a small amount of glitter around the berries, trees, water, train and oval border. The card surprisingly glimmers a lot with only a tiny bit of the Stampendous Micro Glitter.

Copics Used: 
R14, R29, R34
G40, G43, G46
Y21, E29, E43
B91, B93, B95
T2, T4, BV20
E84, Y26,
G40, G29

Now, if you're interested in some free goodies and to increase your chances is to give out some comment love this week on all the blog hops and you just might be one of THREE winners for this prize package.


Now it's time to head on over to Kristine Reynolds blog for some inspiration.



Details:
Stamps: Train Postcard (Stampendous)
Paper: Bazzill Basics Swiss Dots, Natural (Neenah), Sundance (Wausau)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Copic Markers
Accessories: EZ-Dots Runner and 3D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives), Red, China Blue, Lime, Green, Crystal, Silver, and Gold (Micro Glitter, Stampendous), Gold Ribbon (May Arts), Picket Fence marker (Tim Holtz, Ranger), Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura)


Pin It

Comments

  1. I love the realism in this card .....the angle of the cut out was genius!! Going to try this one myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely vintage card! I am a little confused by the bit about "pull it through a slice in the popped up layer". Is there any chance you could elaborate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandora, I wrote my post a little quick and so I apologize for not catching this confusing part of my post. I stamped a second image for the oval and colored it. I used a utility knife to cut ("a slice/slit") a hole at the back of the train and then a line towards the front of the train big enough for the train on the bottom layer to slide through to be adhered with the foam dots.

      I hope that makes it clear.

      Delete
  4. Love this card! Love how you made the train pop. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most stunning rendition of this stamp set that I have seen yet! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant card love all the extra details and your coloring is superb thank you for sharing the colors you used TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card--I like the dimension and touch of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic coloring, and such a cool pop up for the train, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful vintage man card!! Love the train stamp and your coloring is exquisite! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely scene - love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scene - love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love the coloring. Anyone would feel special to get a card like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project ideas, thanks!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! is pretty much all I can say about this card. The idea to pull the train through the top layer is way cool. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice work with so much detail! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job on the coloring. I'm sure that it took a while to do. Love the popped train. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another truly lovely Christmas card-I love the train. It's very unique and you did an outstanding job coloring it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous image, love the vintage look to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. The coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card....thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really clever card design and it adds lots of dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely stunning. I love how you have popped up the train.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the vintage look of this card.....it is awesome. I like how you colored the center image and the use of the gold ribbon was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card. Got to get this stamp.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning! I had to look at this close up to see the beautiful shading and colors you built into the background.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow girlie, you just blew me away with your card! The colouring is stunning and I love the added dimension! !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this stamp and love your coloring. I love all the blue you added.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely am so impressed with the popped up train idea! Makes the card so unique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely nostalgic card. Amazing coloring!!!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, your train image has so much depth to it! Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This would make a terrific card for a male. The coloring looks lovely. Thanks for sharing

    Beneta

    ReplyDelete
  32. This card is beautiful. I lvoe your coloring and the stamp is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your card is beautiful!. I love your coloring and the stamp is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! This is one stunning scene! Awesome coloring and design! Love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...