Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Keeping it together can be easy


It's another day of our partnership with Scrapbook Adhesives and I'm bringing a little wintry breeze into the hop today with Stampendous' Train Postcard. If you noticed some extra dark shading, well that's just me and my utility knife getting focused on the train so we could use a variety of foam dots by Scrapbook Adhesives.


I stamped the postcard twice, colored one and cut out around the oval frame and colored the second one with a little bit of shading around the edges and the postage stamp. The fun part about this is the super easy dimension you can get when you cut around part of the image and pull it through a slice in the popped up layer. It really looks like the train is coming our way.

I used my Quickie Glue Pen to add a small amount of glitter around the berries, trees, water, train and oval border. The card surprisingly glimmers a lot with only a tiny bit of the Stampendous Micro Glitter.

Copics Used: 
R14, R29, R34
G40, G43, G46
Y21, E29, E43
B91, B93, B95
T2, T4, BV20
E84, Y26,
G40, G29

Now, if you're interested in some free goodies and to increase your chances is to give out some comment love this week on all the blog hops and you just might be one of THREE winners for this prize package.


Now it's time to head on over to Kristine Reynolds blog for some inspiration.



Details:
Stamps: Train Postcard (Stampendous)
Paper: Bazzill Basics Swiss Dots, Natural (Neenah), Sundance (Wausau)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Copic Markers
Accessories: EZ-Dots Runner and 3D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives), RedChina Blue, Lime, Green, Crystal, Silver, and Gold (Micro Glitter, Stampendous), Gold Ribbon (May Arts), Picket Fence marker (Tim Holtz, Ranger), Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura)


Pin It

40 comments:

  1. I love the realism in this card .....the angle of the cut out was genius!! Going to try this one myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely vintage card! I am a little confused by the bit about "pull it through a slice in the popped up layer". Is there any chance you could elaborate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandora, I wrote my post a little quick and so I apologize for not catching this confusing part of my post. I stamped a second image for the oval and colored it. I used a utility knife to cut ("a slice/slit") a hole at the back of the train and then a line towards the front of the train big enough for the train on the bottom layer to slide through to be adhered with the foam dots.

      I hope that makes it clear.

      Delete
  4. Love this card! Love how you made the train pop. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most stunning rendition of this stamp set that I have seen yet! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant card love all the extra details and your coloring is superb thank you for sharing the colors you used TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card--I like the dimension and touch of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic coloring, and such a cool pop up for the train, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful vintage man card!! Love the train stamp and your coloring is exquisite! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely scene - love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scene - love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love the coloring. Anyone would feel special to get a card like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project ideas, thanks!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! is pretty much all I can say about this card. The idea to pull the train through the top layer is way cool. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice work with so much detail! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job on the coloring. I'm sure that it took a while to do. Love the popped train. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another truly lovely Christmas card-I love the train. It's very unique and you did an outstanding job coloring it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous image, love the vintage look to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. The coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card....thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really clever card design and it adds lots of dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely stunning. I love how you have popped up the train.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the vintage look of this card.....it is awesome. I like how you colored the center image and the use of the gold ribbon was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card. Got to get this stamp.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning! I had to look at this close up to see the beautiful shading and colors you built into the background.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow girlie, you just blew me away with your card! The colouring is stunning and I love the added dimension! !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this stamp and love your coloring. I love all the blue you added.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely am so impressed with the popped up train idea! Makes the card so unique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely nostalgic card. Amazing coloring!!!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, your train image has so much depth to it! Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This would make a terrific card for a male. The coloring looks lovely. Thanks for sharing

    Beneta

    ReplyDelete
  32. This card is beautiful. I lvoe your coloring and the stamp is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your card is beautiful!. I love your coloring and the stamp is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! This is one stunning scene! Awesome coloring and design! Love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!