Skip to main content

A Grateful Time and a Challenge


It's been the same amount of weeks between my last two posts. It seems my time in the studio is still being swallowed up by the other hats I wear in life, but I'm hoping I can say that will change soon!

I'm posting today because, yes, I have a Mix-Ability challenge that I'm hosting, but I'm so excited to also have different news to share! First the challenge and a little bit about my card.



This vibrant card, maybe a little exaggerated from my photo editing tool, is used entirely from my stash. Pretty cool when I think about it. I made a bunch of backgrounds way back when I designed for Technique Junkies using Shimmering Bliss sprays and some even more yummy products, a background stamp. The flowers were made up for my design team days with Stampendous which were extras that I couldn't use on a project. The only thing I needed to do was add a sentiment and then make it work for the challenge. Easy peasy.

I chose the Stitch Effort direction and it was fun adding details to the flowers and then making a large stitch border. I'm so glad I did that so it wouldn't take so long to hand stitch.

Stop on over at Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability forum to check out the challenge.

Supplies and where to find them are at the bottom of the post and now for my little bit of news!

I have recently been added to the Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen Team! This has been a dream come true for me and I couldn't be more excited and grateful at the same time. The SCS community nurtured my love for stamping and being a positive contributor to not only that wonderful environment but also to the every day around me.

I'm still figuring out the ropes, but expect to see some more activity from me while I do my best to encourage all those who call papercrafting their homeostasis.😀


Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Featured Product(s):
  • Laurel Burch Flower Blossom Stamp Set (website)
  • Arabesque Background Stamp (website)
Plus:
  • So Kind by Avery Elle (no links to share, sorry)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad (AZ)
  • Moonlight White Marker (AC website)
  • Size 10 Bedspread Thread
  • Paper Piercing Tool by Fiskars (AZ)

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...