Skip to main content

100 Days to Go in a Challenge!


The weather is getting cooler and while I don't drink Pumpkin Spice Latte's anymore I can certainly make a likeness to it on a card!

I'm hosting the challenge again on Splitcoaststampers. While I was looking through my inspiration list for challenge options, I decided to see what may coincide around the world, or at least closely, and I found out that September 22 is 100 days from the end of the year!

There are more things on my to-do list than just cardmaking, but I had decided it was far too long since I did some prioritizing of my list and put creating in my studio closer to the top. Well, I was on a deadline to host the challenge so I did have it high on my list, but I intentionally did things that were personally something I wanted to try or do. And that's how the 556th challenge was born. 




My cards checkmark off my list 1) doing a video tutorial, 2) making a stamp set worth of sentiments to have handy, 3) having seasonal backgrounds ready for last minute cards, 4) using some brand new months ago embossing folders, and 5) using some coffee dies!

The background on the "Thankful for You" card was made using Distress Inks and a tutorial by Vicky Boutin during SBF 2023 in September. Go check out that festival. It's full of ideas and supply must-haves (my package is coming!)

The stamp and die-cut sentiments all at once have appealed to me for quite a long time, so when I saw a Hero Art set at my favorite liquidation store (which has closed everywhere, I think) that included both stamps and dies you know I had to get it! The set is called Friendly Messages.


Then it was time to use some supplies I've had so long I don't remember when I got them, but I remember where! My beloved Tuesday Morning store that now no longer exists.


The Fabulous Day Latte card was easy and so much fun! Run a piece of kraft cardstock through the embossing folder and gently rub smoke and citron inks over the raised areas. Make a unique pattern paper for the cup with Marmalade Distress inks and spattered water patted away then add some Forest Moss spatters by watering down ink smudged on a glass surface or nonporous palette with a paintbrush. Blend Forest Moss and Twisted Citron to die cut into the cup sleeve. Die-cut a lid and you're ready to assemble. Oh yes, the sentiment? It was already done when making the first card!

If you want to start mixed media in a simple and approachable way, stop by the Mix-
ability challenge forum and start with any challenge, any time! Here's the challenge for these cards.

MIX556: 100 Days




Supplies
: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Thankful for You, card


Featured Product(s):

Plus:
  • Momento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad (AZ)
  • Sakura 0.4 Black pen (AZ)
  • White cardstock (AZ)

Have a Fabulous Day, card


Featured Product(s):
  • Coffee and Tea Die Set (SB)
  • Leaf Embossing Folder (AZ)

Plus:


I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...