Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, July 28, 2023

Modern Maker Twist on Cyanotype


The wonderful community of paper crafters and makers who "live" at Splitcoaststampers are the best! I don't have much time to craft this summer, really at all these past few years, but when I do and post them in my Member Gallery it makes my day! The challenges and events that go on throughout the year are widespread and have so much to offer. If you haven't stopped by there and had a look around you should go check it out!

What is even more of a treat is to be a part of the challenge host in the Mix-Ability forum. I'm so tickled every time I jump in there and challenge myself and others to get in my mixed media mindset. 

My last turn I completely forgot! The super sweet host MariLynn jumped in with a challenge to saved the day since I was distracted with my graduating daughter's events. Take a peek in the forum for any and all challenges here


My modern twist on cyanotype is with mono-printing and die cuts! Nothing new for a paper crafter, but I did mix my own version of Prussian Blue paint. Amazingly the same paint was used for my two samples. It's the difference between laying it down thick and then using what little you have left for a light see-through layer. 

I used my vast knowledge of mixing paints my whole life... hah!, and just searched for "how to mix Prussian Blue acrylic paint". Not going to lie, I was in a last-minute hurry with this project and didn't have time to discover the mixture myself.

I used my memory retrieval of Birgit Koopsen's reels(Instagram) on the simple use of stencils as masks. If you wanted to get closer to a look of cyanotype you might try her use of printed magazine pages. Take a look at that technique on the Gelli Plate blog.



Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Featured Product(s):
  • Gelli Plate (AZ)
  • Deco Art paint (Quinacridone Violet, Phthalo Blue, Red Hue)
  • die cuts
    • I used retired dies but here are a few that are similar
    • Tim Holtz Garden Greens (AZ)
    • Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems (AZ)
    • Lisa Jones Wild Leaves Wreath by Sizzix (AZ)
    • Gathered Leaves Ellison Sizzix (AZ)
Plus:

  • Brayer (AZ)
  • Copy Paper (AZ)
  • Cardstock (AZ)
  • Nocturne Ink Pad (AZ)
  • VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad (AZ)
  • MISTI Tool (AZ)
  • White Embossing Powder (AZ)

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design teamwork. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!