Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 1, 2022

Vignette it Your Way


Hi friends! I was so fortunate to drop into my art studio and get some fun sentiment cards done. It just gives me warm fuzzies when I can do that. Today these cards are for the Splitcoaststampers challenge forum, Mix-Ability!

I have three cards to share that came together rather quickly for two reasons. I have a pile of monoprints ready to use and three new die cuts that I was so happy to get at a local, walk-in-the-door craft store! I'm so glad they are still open!


Lawn Fawn has quite a few "Giant" Lawn Cuts that make for a jiffy card session. I have Giant Sending Big Hugs, Giant Thank You, and Giant Happy Birthday.


Each one of my cards attempts to create a vignette. I say attempt because art and mixed media specifically can be jolted into different directions. 

Sending Big Hugs is a monoprint on deli paper inspired by the amazingly talented Birgit Koopsen. I made a vignette or transition by painting whirling lines. I meant to cut the paper along the lines, but when I realized I was gluing my layer on the base I had already cut it into a rectangle. 

Thank you is a transition with simple lines to hide the abrupt edge of the bubble background mat layer. That background is from when I hosted the MIX468 challenge. It isn't noticeable in the photo but I used Spectrum Noir Sparkle Brush Pens so it twinkles it's Thank You.

Happy Birthday is another monoprint that I did for a challenge and loved it but needed to wait for the right card to use it. I believe it's from the MIX460 challenge and just trying to play with brush strokes.

This week it's 


Supplies
: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Featured Product(s):
  • Giant Sending Big Hugs (AZ, LF)
  • Giant Thank You (AZ, LF)
  • Giant Happy Birthday (AZ, LF)
  • Rose Friend (AZ, STM)
Plus:
  • White Cardstock (AZ, STM)
  • Monoprinting Plate (AZ, GA)
  • Spectrum Noir Sparkle Brush Pens (AZ, SN)
  • Sequins (PPP)

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!