Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, July 30, 2021

Side By Side


Happy weekend everyone! It’s been sooooo long ago that I’ve posted, but I still have one stamping gig I’m still doing and I wanted to pop in and tell you about it. 

Friday, every eight weeks I host a challenge on Splitcoaststampers for their mixed media thread called Mix-Ability. If you’ve been getting notifications from me for a while you probably already know about it, but those new here should check out this stampers and makers community. It’s a lot of fun with challenges, tutorials and various festivals. 

So my challenge? It’s called MIX444: Side by Side. My inspiration was the cover of a well known creative magazine and I fell into a creative trance with the cards pairing of old style pieces with new style techniques and supplies. I think it even called it out as Juxtaposed Old and New. 

So with a little bit of leeway crafters and makers can make something with old and new side by side!

The card above has a page copied from an old Housekeeping Hints booklet with an old sewing machine image next to my somewhat recent stamping set sewing machine! 

I’d love for you to stop by and join us in the forum thread!

Enjoy a rare video I've created for the sneak peek of the challenge over on my Rain Puddles Design Facebook post.  (I'll try to update with an embedded video once I get it transferred across devices.)



Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Featured Product(s):
Plus:
  • Turquoise Acrylic Paint (Amazon)
  • Baja Blue Alcohol Ink (Amazon)
  • Detail White Embossing Powder (Amazon, Stampendous*** at the time of posting links there was a big price difference. Please choose carefully based on your needs.)
  • White Signo Pen (Amazon)
  • Alcohol Markers (Copic: BG02, BG05, BG07, C2, C4, E31, E34)


I'm a maker who has received goodies in the past, chosen by myself, for design team projects. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!