Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, July 3, 2020

Know Your ABC's


Hello fellow crafters! It's time again for another Mix-Ability challenge where I challenge us to do something a bit out of our normal crafting style.


I don't want to give away too much about the challenge, so if you are super curious take this link to Splitcoaststampers! Here's a teaser. The challenge acronym "ABC" stands for something about the beginning of mixed media movement. Are you more intrigued? Jump over to the challenge right away!

Come join in the fun!

Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Featured Product(s):
  • Cling Inspiring Text 6" X 6"Rubber Stamp (AZ, STM)
  • Best Day Perfectly Clear Stamps Set (STM)
Plus:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko (AZ, STM)
  • Mixed Media White Paper (STM)
  • Kraft Cardstock (AZ)
  • Newsprint (AZ)
  • Blue cardstock (AZ)
  • Star stencil or dies (AZ or AZ)
  • Colored Pencil - red (AZ)
  • Mono Liquid Glue (AZ)
  • Ephemera (index card monthly folders - like these)
  • Nuvo Autumn Red Crystal Drops (AZ)
  • Reeves Gouache - blues (AZ at the time of this link a 12, 18 or 24 set was almost the same price)
  • Paper Crimper tool or corrugated cardboard (AZ - this looks like fun!)
Instructions:
  1. Mix equal parts of Ultramarine and Light Blue gouache with water until broth consistency. Splatter on Mixed Media White Paper and swipe randomly around for effect. Set aside and let dry.
  2. Stamp Inspiring Text with black ink on newsprint paper or gray paper. Once dry tear into random sections.
  3. Cut a section of manila folder, stamp month on with what you have if not available.
  4. Corrugate kraft paper and cut a strip.
  5. Stamp sentiment onto white paper with black ink and cut down to size.
  6. Once gouache is dry play with the placement of all the pieces except sentiment and tack it into place with a small amount of glue.
  7. Use a stencil of die-cut star and trace onto layers. Color outside of traced lines.
  8. Glue on sentiment and then onto a blue card base.


I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!