Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Three Ships and a Perfect Timepiece


I'm guest posting on the Technique Junkies blog today with an ode to a Christmas Carol and also a bonus project right here on my blog using a Technique Junkies stamp.

Yesterday I hosted the weekly Mix-Ability challenge and since it seems to always be busy during the holidays I'm challenging us to Wind Down the Holidays and play with our craft supplies!


Can you guess what the challenge is using? Yep, it's all about clocks, literally and figuratively if you don't have any clock like supplies.

This Technique Junkies Side Face stamp is so dramatic that I couldn't stand to distract from it with a lot of mixed media layers, so I used ink sprays, stencils, and a die cut.

I used Technique Junkies Shimmering Bliss Sprays (Lapis Lazuli, Festive Flamingo, and Harvest Sunset) and sprayed them onto the image so only the bottom half of the spray would land on the white cardstock image. (Turn the image around to finish the opposite sides color... and make sure your workspace is covered or spray in a cardboard box.)

The clock face is a paper stencil I made with a cutting file. I sponged Titanium White paint by DecoArt through the stencil and then went back and sprayed over them again.

I did some white pen detail around the edges and as highlights on the face. A black pen was used to draw a border around the whole image and then I got silly and had some fun writing hello different ways on the card base.

I hope you like the ideas I've shared today and if something speaks to your shopping itch here's my code when you checkout on the Technique Junkies web store!


Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful holiday wherever you are!

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!