Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, September 21, 2018

Christmas Greetings In Time for a DIY Holiday Card


It's been a week of Christmas Greeting with Stampendous and I get to share this simple and inspirational card.

I love this handwritten message with the iconic star graphic. It could be in a very traditional way, but I decided to change it up and use some of the modern colors we've been seeing so often at Christmastime.

Read to the end of the post for supplies and instructions. I think it would very easy to put a few dozens together in no time in an array of colors!

For more Christmas Greetings with new Stampendous stamps stop by any of the design teams link below!


Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Featured Product(s):
  • Savior Born (AZ, STM)
  • Fitted Frames B Die Set (AZ, STM)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad (AZ, STM)
  • Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
  • Stamp Handles (AZ, STM)

Plus:
  • MyColors Cardstock by My Mind's Eye (company website)
  • Koi Watercolor Paint Set by Sakura (AZ, EH, Blick)
  • Paintbrush for watercolor (AZ)
  • ZipDry Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives (AZ)
  • Thin 3D Foam Adhesives Squares (AZ)

Instructions:
  1. Fold 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inch color cardstock half for a 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inch card base. 
  2. Watercolor a background with a brush onto Mixed Media White Paper and let dry, Spatter darker color and let dry. 
  3. Stamp Savior Born onto watercolored cardstock. Stamp star on another piece of Mixed Media White cardstock, color, let dry, and trim out to adhere onto watercolored paper. 
  4. Trim watercolor cardstock with Fitted Frames die and colored cardstock with larger frame die. 
  5. Glue Fitted Frame pieces together with liquid glue and then adhere to card base with foam adhesive.
That's it from me today! Hope you have a great Friday with some time to be crafty!

I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I think this is pretty with the colors you used.
    Love how the sentiment is the highlight of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the star above the sentiment.
    Reflects the season.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com
    IL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!