Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, March 9, 2018

Butterfly Collage ATC


Hello all! Happy Friday to you! Last weekend I posted a card over on the Technique Junkies blog using the new Big Butterfly Collage stamp. Stop by the post to see a super easy card for any occasion.

Shopping at Technique Junkies is
10% less when you use code 
TJ10Janelle during checkout!

Well, that card was so super quick I felt inspired to have another go at the design and that's where today's card comes into play!


I used the current Spring ATC Challenge at Technique Junkies for my canvas size and then went on from there with lots of mixed mediums.

Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Featured Product(s):
Plus:
  • 90 lb. Watercolor Paper (AZ, Blick)
  • Black Cardstock by Recollections (AZ)
  • Kraft Cardstock by Recollections (AZ)
  • Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko® (AZ)
  • Gouache Paint Tube Set by Reeves (AZ) - White, Blue Lake, Emerald
  • Ecoline Watercolor Brush Pen - Chartreuse, Light Orange, and Vermillion (Blick) (get the whole kit and kaboodle set of 15 at Amazon)
  • PITT Artist Fine Black Pen (AZ)
  • Foam Squares by Therm-o-Web® (AZ)
Instructions:
  1. Use a business card or same size watercolor paper (2-1/2 by 3-1/2 inches) and stamp one of the butterflies from Big Butterfly Collage with waterproof black ink.
  2. Color butterfly with EcoLine pens and while that is drying work on the background with Gouache paints.
  3. Stamp Always Find a Song stamp with black ink on white paper and trim out words "always" and "wish".
  4. Add words to butterfly.
  5. Draw in rest of words if desired using a black pen and white gouache highlight. Draw loose lines around the edge of ATC.
  6. Accent areas of the butterfly with white gouache.
  7. Drip blue and green gouache around the background of the ATC as well as spattered onto kraft card base (4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inches).
  8. Place black cardstock (2-2/4 by 3-3/4 inches) onto the card base and then adhere ATC with foam adhesive.
Remember to shop with a 10% code discount!
Use TJ10Janelle at checkout.



I'm a maker who receives goodies chosen by myself for design team work. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!