Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Curious About Curios?


In January Stampendous introduced this super product with some of the sweetest stamp designs so that we can not only stamp, but store them as decorations. They are called Curios and you'll love the colorful images mounted on wood blocks that silhouette it's high quality gray rubber stamp!


My project today uses the tweet little bird from Fran's artist sketch style stamps. It's called Tweet One.


I loved the idea of this little blue bird perched around in my room. It's like bringing in a bit of spring into my craft industry world!

I have a supplies list and instructions below, but don't forget to hop on over to the Stampendous blog all this week to see more inspiration with the new Curios!

Monday

Wednesday

Friday


Supplies: I provide some product links that are through my Amazon Affiliate, and that means when clicked and purchased in the same session a few pennies are sent my way at no cost to you.

Stampendous:

  • Curio Tweet One (AZ, STM)
  • Brushed Wishes (AZ, STM)
  • Thicket Stencil (AZ, STM)
  • Fitted Frames A Die Set (AZ, STM)
  • Natural Stencil Brush Set (AZ, STM)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad by Tsukineko (AZ, STM)
  • Mixed Media White Paper (AZ, STM)
  • Stamp Handle (AZ, STM)


Plus:

Instructions:
  1. Tape Thicket Metal Stencil over Mixed Media White Paper and color randomly with Pear Tart and Bamboo Leaves. Remove stencil and rotate slightly to tape down again and repeat stenciling with Teal Zeal and Cottage Ivy.
  2. Mat stenciled layer onto color cardstock and adhere to card base.
  3. Stamp Tweet One with black ink onto Mixed Media White and color with Prismacolor watercolor pencils.
  4. Trim with scissors and adhere with foam tape.
  5. Stamp Brushed Wishes sentiment with black ink onto white paper and trim with Fitted Frame die, repeat die cut with larger frame on color cardstock.
  6. Layer sentiment and frame and adhere with foam tape to card base.


Pin It

10 comments:

  1. This is a darling card, Janelle! Totally agree that this Tweet Birdie makes us think of Spring. Here's to a happy bird perched around your craft room. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle, your stenciled background is lovely! Such pretty shading, and perfect for your darling curios bird! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Love the design and background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this ! It is so cute! That little birdy makes my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you did several different leaf colors, sort of on each other. Nice..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! That birdie is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card. Love the soft coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!