Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Lost Without A Mixed Media Drizzle Challenge


Popping in today with another mixed media card for the MIX260: Just A Drizzle challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Join in for some fun! Tomorrow, every Friday for that matter, there will be a brand new challenge!

My card is made with a Love You More sentiment from Technique Junkies. Stop by and shop with my special 10% discount code, TJ10Janelle.


I started this card with sponging More Mustard Distress Ink onto white cardstock and then placed my homemade hot glue drizzle stencil on top to spray Abandoned CoralCracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Spray Stain randomly around the paper. I did rotate the stencil after the Abandoned Coral layer so I'd have more drizzle effect.


The sentiment is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black using my MISTI so it would be straight and get a good even ink cover. The hearts are cut out with From the Heart Die Set and dotted with a cotton swab dipped in the Mermaid Lagoon spray. Just spray at close range onto an acrylic block or nonporous surface and dip the cotton swab. The hearts have scribbled outlines on them with an extra fine tip Sharpie.

The rest is pretty simple assembly. Trim drizzle background to fit onto an A2 folded card and then scribbled around the edges to complement the hearts and the sentiment is popped up with foam adhesive.

Supplies:
Technique Junkies:
  • Love You More (TJ)
Plus:
  • White Cardstock, Teal Cardstock
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (AZ)
  • Mustard Seed Distress Ink (AZ)
  • Distress Spray Stain (Amazon links) - Abandoned Coral,  Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon
  • Hot Glue Sticks and Glue Gun (AZ)
  • A Fine Line Glue by Adhesive Tech (AZ)
  • Black Sharpie Marker - Extra Fine
  • Scissors
  • From the Heart Die Set (VS)
Instructions:
  1. Sponge Mustard Seed onto white cardstock about 4 x 5-1/4 inch.
  2. Make a homemade hot glue stencil onto a nonporous surface, let cool and then pull off carefully to use as a stencil on prepared cardstock.
  3. Spray Abandoned Coral in random short sprays and then rotate the stencil and repeat with Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon. Let dry.
  4. Adhere to A2 white card base (4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inches folded)
  5. Stamp sentiment in black with the MISTI so you'll get a solid image onto white cardstock. 
  6. Cut the bottom of the paper as a fishtail pennant.
  7. Die cut three teal hearts and dab them with a cotton swab and Mermaid Lagoon. Glue to top of sentiment pennant.
  8. Adhere to card base.
I'm a maker who receives goodies for design team work, but I wouldn't do it if I didn't already like the products I receive, so comments I make are what I mean and not just because I received them to make my project. To see a list of these companies just scroll to the bottom of my blog under FTC Declaration.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!