Skip to main content

School Ruled My Project Today!


Happy Friday! I'm here today with a mixed media card with a challenge! I'm hosting the Mix-Ability challenge on Splitcoaststampers and I'd love for you to join us! Our challenges are easy and approachable so you won't feel intimidated by mixed media. Browse the forum to find out more about the challenges and then join in on almost 200 challenges anytime!

The challenge is to use school paper (MIX188: School Ruled!)! I made an easy challenge, because if you are a mother of school aged children you are probably just as busy as I am. 


I used wide-ruled and primary paper on the background and had some colorful fun smudging Gelatos with water on my finger, then I sealed it with Matte Medium. I handsketched the sidewalk and stamped the bubbles with 

Disclaimer: I've been watching a ton of videos lately and I'm highly influenced by them when it comes time to create something on my own, so this project is similar in technique to Italian mixed media artist, Nicoletta Zanella. She just happens to be the artist for the stamps I'm using today.


The images are from the Whisper Friends Christmas Stamp Set. Colored with Gelatos and a paintbrush!


The sentiment is from Life Words by Stampendous.

Thank you for stopping by!

Details:
Stamps: Whisper Friends Christmas, Whisper Houses, Life Words (Stampendous)
Paper: Mixed Media White Paper (Stampendous), My Colors Concord Jam (My Mind's Eye), school paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black ink, VersaCraft Real Black ink (Tsukineko), Gelatos (Faber-Castell)
Accessories: scissors, Cold Gray and Black PITT Artist Pens (Faber-Castell), Matte Medium (DecoArt)

Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...