Skip to main content

Birdie Brown Christmas

 I have been a fan for a long time of the illustrations and stamps designed by Torico of Birdie Brown Stamps. I have a stash of digital files from a few years ago that are half colored, some of which are now stamp sets (yay for Jingle All the Way), but when I saw the latest Christmas theme stamps with coordinating dies it was a must have.

I'm so excited to finally be able to create with them.


This sweet helper was stamped and colored then die cut out. In true Torico style I added white highlights with my AC White marker pen. I repeated the stamping and coloring process with the gift at his feet.

The background is such a popular style these days that I'm finding my own method with the tools I have and this is how I created it for this card. I taped down a white cardstock with low-tack tape (blue painters tape that I pressed into a paper towel for even less tackiness to the adhesive) and then used BV20 and BV29 in my Copic airbrush system and started from the center - which is almost 99.9% the wrong way to start out - with the lighter marker and worked my way to the outside in a circular motion. I did a few layers to get the outer circles darker. The faded spots are done by slowly pressing the nozzle of a spray bottle filled with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol so large drops come out. I've also seen people spray/pour into a cupped hand and let it drip from there.

The sentiment was stamped using my MISTI tool so I could plan and align the sentiment onto the airbrushed cardstock, but also double stamp it with watermark ink so it would have a good solid embossing with Detail White powder.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Details: 
Stamps: Birdie Brown Santa Elves (MFT Stamps)
Paper: smooth white cardstock (Mohawk Digial Copy 98), blue linen cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Versamark Watermark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: DieNamics BB Santa Elves (MFT Stamps), Copic Markers, Copic Airbrush System, Isopropyl Alcohol in spray bottle, Foam Dimensionals (Stampin' Up), Detail White Embossing Powder (Stampendous)

Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...