Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Birdie Brown Christmas

 I have been a fan for a long time of the illustrations and stamps designed by Torico of Birdie Brown Stamps. I have a stash of digital files from a few years ago that are half colored, some of which are now stamp sets (yay for Jingle All the Way), but when I saw the latest Christmas theme stamps with coordinating dies it was a must have.

I'm so excited to finally be able to create with them.


This sweet helper was stamped and colored then die cut out. In true Torico style I added white highlights with my AC White marker pen. I repeated the stamping and coloring process with the gift at his feet.

The background is such a popular style these days that I'm finding my own method with the tools I have and this is how I created it for this card. I taped down a white cardstock with low-tack tape (blue painters tape that I pressed into a paper towel for even less tackiness to the adhesive) and then used BV20 and BV29 in my Copic airbrush system and started from the center - which is almost 99.9% the wrong way to start out - with the lighter marker and worked my way to the outside in a circular motion. I did a few layers to get the outer circles darker. The faded spots are done by slowly pressing the nozzle of a spray bottle filled with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol so large drops come out. I've also seen people spray/pour into a cupped hand and let it drip from there.

The sentiment was stamped using my MISTI tool so I could plan and align the sentiment onto the airbrushed cardstock, but also double stamp it with watermark ink so it would have a good solid embossing with Detail White powder.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Details: 
Stamps: Birdie Brown Santa Elves (MFT Stamps)
Paper: smooth white cardstock (Mohawk Digial Copy 98), blue linen cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Versamark Watermark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: DieNamics BB Santa Elves (MFT Stamps), Copic Markers, Copic Airbrush System, Isopropyl Alcohol in spray bottle, Foam Dimensionals (Stampin' Up), Detail White Embossing Powder (Stampendous)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!