Skip to main content

Verve is Buzzing with a New Release


I'm posting a new Verve release card that I did a little sneak on last Saturday. It was so much fun to play along and I'm glad I can keep the Verve posts going a bit longer with some extra projects.




Let's find out how I made this card.


I usually make up a few different colors in card bases and then when I decide on my color choices I grab a base that goes with it. It doesn't always run that smoothly, but it's nice to have them ready when they do.

I used pattern paper from American Crafts' Spring 6 x 6 paper pack. A few scrap pieces of white and green cardstock and got busy with my layout/sketch.

I stamped the sentiment on pattern paper and layered it under a tag made with the new Flourished Tag Die Set. If you look closely it is embossed a few times using the honeycomb die from The Buzz Dies. The bee and second half of the sentiment are stamped on white paper and colored with Copic markers.

The CAS style was too simple for me so I drew a sketchy border around the pattern paper base and then I need more. LOL So I stamped the butterfly from The Buzz set randomly and carefully around my completed card.

To add some bling I glued a row of sequins from the Pastel Sequin Mix. the little butterfly was stamped on the corner of the sentiment tag had a gap showing because of the layers of papers. I just filled it in with my PITT Artist Pen

Such a fun release I'm so blessed to be able to jump in and play as a quest designer for Verve this month. Come back again on Saturday for another Verve easy peasy card!

Details:
Stamps: The Buzz Stamp Set (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Spring (American Crafts), Balsa (Wausau), white and green paper scraps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (Tsukineko), Copic markers
Accessories: Flourished Tag Die Set, The Buzz Die Set, Pastel Sequin Mix (Verve Stamps), PITT Artist Pen (Faber-Castell),

Pin It

Comments

  1. This is just beautiful, Janelle! I just love how you framed the BE with the circle. And those random butterflies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!LOVE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Janelle - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...