Skip to main content

Stampendous Blog Hop is Klik'n



It's the full team blog hop day! We like to be able to bring you as much inspiration as possible so there is a Friday Blog Hop that we all get to share a second round of creations.

First I'd like to thank the companies that were generous with providing me with these products to try out, enjoy and blog about. The more I work with making jewelry, the more fun it is for me.
Stampendous Impressions Metal Complex (Klik product) and Envirotex, Inc.... thank you!

Now there are three commenters from this entire hop that will be pretty excited on Monday. There are prize package including some of the same goodies you've seen me use on projects this week. Just comment on all the participating Stampendous and design team blog posts and then sit back and wait until Monday.  Can you do it?

My project today is a leather bracelet with two Snap bases and one Bezel Snaps. When I first got this package I didn't really understand the Snap Bases concept. I looked around my supplies trying to figure out what I could glue to these snaps.We'll see if this works long term, but I decided to use up some of the Resin Clay and make cabochons. Since I had the clay mixed up and always seem to gauge it on the side of too much I made the Bezel Snap with clay too..
 So here's how I made it.

Supplies:

Stampendous:
MG10 Teal Micro Glitter
MG13 Copper Micro Glitter
MG17 Cinnamon Micro Glitter
FRG09C Black Glass Glitter
FX72 Clip Tool

Plus:
Klik Small Snap Bezel
Klik Small Snap Blank
ETI Jewelry Clay
ETI Jewelry Resin
Dry Paintbrush
Upholstery Tacks
Large and Small Gears (Paper Studio Spare Parts)
Florist Wire


  1. Mix Jewelry Clay per instructions.
  2. Mound equal parts onto Snap Blanks and press in to fill the small lipped edge. Clasp it with a Clip Tool and set into jar for a short curing time.
  3. Press clay into snap bezel just enough to cover area. 
  4. Press a larger gear down over clay to press it through holes in the gear. Add more clay to top and mound. Set aside on flat surface to cure a short time (30 minutes)
  5. On a piece of wax paper or tray sprinkle a small amount of each glitter and with a dry paintbrush apply to clay. The clay will still be malleable, but firm.
  6. Press a small gear into the bezel's clay.
  7. Wrap florist wire around yarn needles a few times. Squeeze wraps together to make a fake spring leaving both ends with 1/8-inch piece. Press into bezel clay.
  8.  Wrap florist wire around medium marker, Emboss Pen was my choice, 3-4 times. Bend the end and pierce the side of the bezel clay. Be sure to keep the curve while wrapping it around the Blank Bezel.
  9. Add three upholstery tack to blank bezels near or around the wire to keep it in place.Add one large tack to the bezel and additional small ones.
  10. Pour a small amount of resin, per instructions, and with a small old paintbrush (that you are ready to throw away) and paint a thin layer onto the clay surface. Sprinkle Black Glass Glitter by pinching a few and dropping them over the bezel.
  11. Let this cure for a long time so the clay will harden and not loose it's steampunk parts and pieces.



Thank you for stopping in to see my project. If you've not been hopping with us you can start at the beginning by going to DAY ONE on the Stampendous blog, but otherwise just find your next hop below after my name.
Janelle Stollfus - You are here!

Pin It

Comments

  1. You had me with the gear in the bezel-genius! I have never tried clay-but I have to give this a try-it is freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can see I am going to need to get a lot of these Kliks. I love the steampunk and patina that you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Janelle! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOOOOOOO! LOVE the gears and colors! This is one of my absolute favorites!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I'm one of the happy commenters on Monday. I love this idea.
    Your bracelet is so pretty. Love the added embellishments.
    thanks for sharing.
    txmlhl@yahoo.com
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Lover the texture and fun elements!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so creative. I love that these products let you be so creative. I have never tried the clay, so I would love to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful--I like the gears.
    Sue in ohio
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this may be my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...