Skip to main content

Big Blog Hop Today


The awesome Woodware Design Team and the Dreamweaver Stencils Dream Team all of the the great Stampendous and Dreamweaver Stencils products that Woodware makes available to the UK market. This is good news for our crafty friends in the UK because we’ll be offering prizes and our UK friends are eligible to win!! We’ll be offering three prizes in the UK and three in the US. Each prize package will consist of Nathalie Kalbach’s terrific Grunge Mixed Media Cling Rubber Stamp Sets and the beautiful Zen Butterfly Dreamweaver Stencil! Both products are ideal for adding texture and backgrounds to your projects!

Prizes?
Deadline to comment is Sunday, March 29th, Pacific Time. Winners will be picked using random.org and announced Tuesday, March 31st, in the afternoon.

Be sure to visit all the blog links listed and leave your comments! Each comment will count as an entry towards one of the terrific prize packages.


My card today is bumpy and downy. I used the Pop Rectangles Stencil and Black Embossing Paste on a monoprint page. Once dry I placed the stencil back over the embossing paste and dabbed Pink Poppy and Kiwi Metallic FX.


The background paper is done using the Creative Palette Rectangles plate and Radiant Neon Refill Ink. Here is a video with Fran showing us how to create this type of print.


I stamped Spotted Feather and Quill in black ink and quickly sprinkled Crystal Embossing Powder over it, tapped off the excess and heat set. Each were hand trimmed and adhered with 3D Foam Squares. I repeated the process with the Penned Birthday sentiment.


The last bit of texture is creating the downy part of the feather. I'm not an expert in feathers so adding this is probably not a real attribute, but our hop is all about making texture so I decided that it was okay. I used some liquid glue and drew lines similar to the ones in the stamped image and then sprinkled Snow White Fun Flock over it, sometimes I added more glue to fill in and then repeated with the Fun Flock.

Thank you for stopping by and now it's time to check out more projects.

Here are the designer's sharing the projects today —


Comments

  1. Love all the different textures on this lovely card! The feathers are delightful and I must get my hands on the Pop Rectangles stencil! I especially love the use of the flock on the feathers! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool dimensional card. Love the feathers of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture and demension on this pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love your fluffy feathers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stencil used on the background. The black on purple gives it even more pop. The feather details just adds to the beauty of this card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the feathers float off of the card.
    Beautiful colors.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The down on the feathers is a great touch. Love all the shimmer and sparkle.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who cares about anatomical accuracy... if it's fluffy, inky or sparkly crafters won't mind! Love the contemporary style and colours of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. I love the background with those feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing feather downy! This is something I've never seen done before, cool beans!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly delightful card. I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I especially like the downy part of the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! That Dreamweaver background is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great - artistic licence says you can put your 'fluff' wherever you want to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janelle, just discovered your blog! What a lovely card - great feathers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card! The feathers are perfect! Yes they do get downy towards the bottom so you did good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, great used of texture. Especially liked your use of flock on the feathers

    ReplyDelete
  18. the background goes so well with the feather - a great combination

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! Love the downy feathers & gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your feathers on the card are very pretty. I like how you cut them out. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous imagery and love all the textures and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome card. I really love the background. And those feathers are a perfect touch. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the use of flocking powder at the bottom of the feathers. Very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like the background with the Pop Rectangle and black embossing on the mono print page. Beautiful feathers and love the down.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card and you really showed up the down of the feathers. I have just begun to add foam adhesive to get more dimension too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your card and the techniques you used. The video for the different backgrounds was very informative. Thank you so much for the link I also think the texture you used by adding the glue and the white flocking was great idea. Your card is absolutely beautiful! Of course, I love feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous background for these feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic! Love the background, will check the link later. Thanks so much for the blog hop Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...