Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, February 27, 2015

Artist Trading Block Blog Hop is Here

It's a Block Hopping Day!

If you've been hopping along with us already you've just come from Kristine Reynolds blog, welcome to my blog!

I'm so glad you've stopped by to see my post today and wow what find if you were coming here without know about the Block Hop that's going on with Eileen Hull designed die cuts and the Inspiration Team. 

My block today is inspired by the Stampendous packaging for the same stamp set I used, Andy Skinner's Nature set.


I painted with DecoArt paints in Toffee and Butterscotch (funny I didn't realize I made a sweet base coat until writing this post) and stamped around the box using masks on the shed and one post end of the fence section. Hindsight? Paint the sky first then stamp is a better sequence because I ended up painting through the fence and doing touch up with a Faber-Castell PITT pen.


Here's all the other side of it repeating the fence, adding a tree and a flock of birds.



Thanks for stopping by! It's time to make the jump over to Tenia Nelson's blog.

A party needs some prizes, right? Yes, THREE PRIZE PACKAGES!  Winners will be picked randomly from the pool of commenters during our block party week. Two winners will receive the prizes shown in the banner below. One grand prize winner will receive the prize package below, a package of matboard and the Sizzix die to start creating Artist Trading Blocks!

If that weren’t enough, eligibility for these amazing prize packages has expanded to include our international fans too!



Each comment made on our Block Party blog posts is a chance at becoming a winner. Leave one thoughtful comment on as many blogs as you want, all of them for the best chance to be picked by the random selection tool from Monday, February 23rd to the Sunday, March 8th. Why the extra week of comments? Some designers received their Stampendous products through slow mail and we wanted to give them time to create and post their projects. Pssssttttt, Stampendous will be posting a cumulative hop list on the Saturday's during the commenting period so it will help you keep track of which ones projects are new. 

Supplies:

From Stampendous.com:
ASCR01 Andy Skinner Nature Set
STF082 Versafine Onyx Black Ink by Tsukineko
FRC13 Leaf Green Color Fragments
FRC03 Chiffon Color Fragments
SSH57 Jumbo Acrylic Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
CP811 Creative Palette Monoprinting Plate

Plus:
Eileen Hull's Box Die by Sissix®
Little Sizzles ™ Matboard by Sizzix®
Acrylic Paint by DecoArt®
Dazzle Tac glue by Beacon Adhesives
Paintbrush
Water and paper towel
Double-sided sticky tape

Instructions:

  1. Cut out two box panels from matboard and paint a light color base coat (I used toffee and butterscotch paint colors).
  2. Determine orientation of the panels as if it were a completed box and mark on the backside of each panel which is the front and sides of box.
  3. Paint sunset on front panel and continue around box panels. Let dry.
  4. Stamp shed from Nature Stamp Set onto front panel with black ink and make a second stamp on a sticky note for a mask.
  5. Cut out mask and place over shed on front panel. Ink and stamp fence onto sides and back panel, leave a gap by the shed and again on the back panel. Use a mask to cover one fence post and to make a continues fence line.
  6. Stamp tree and flock of birds.
  7. Glue box together and paint in the scored edges for a continuous sky. 
  8. Add scattered sections of Dazzle Tac glue around base of fences and shed. Sprinkle color fragments over glue and tap off excess.

Pin It

45 comments:

  1. WOW! This is amazing!! Great colors and I love your scene scape!! This stamp set is on my wish list and I hope to get it soon!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! and double WOW! Really beautiful scene. Terrific color schem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything Andy Skinner, and you made perfect use of this. It so vibrant. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Picture postcard perfect with the amazing colours and stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the panoramic pic on your block. I would like to vacation there, please. beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous. I feel like I am looking at a painting. Great job coloring! Thanks for a chance at the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how beautiful is this! The colours in the sky are just stunning and I love the way the scene is silhouetted against the wonderful background - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stamp set you chose and the vibrant colors, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this! Would love to get this stamp set to try this! The colors are awesome - and it would look so cool on my desk at work!
    Janelle R

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! How did you manage to get a panoramic view from my dream house???! Lol. Beautiful stamping, wonderful colours. Great make Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning!!! I picked up that stamp set to use too but put it back because it wouldn't fit on one side. LOVE how you continued the image around the cube!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This totally rocks! I love the scene you've painted and stamped. I love the simplicity of it, the sunrise/sunset is just gorgeous! Very nicely done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very pretty!
    Great looking
    scene.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janelle this is a beautifully panoramic design. Love how you've managed to get a full scene from the 3-D block. Thanks for creating such inspiring pieces for our block hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love what you did with your block! Very creative! Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! LOVE the 360 pano!! Fab colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great block of Andy Skinner goodness! Love the colors in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's fantastic! I love how you created the scene all the way around the ATB - and I really like the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a clever way to create a scene on the box! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty - love the tree and the colors.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This ATB is so lifelike & beautiful! You are so talented. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this. So cool how you stamped around the box. The colors are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is like someone took a work of art off the wall and made a box out of it. I love the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the way this wraps around the block and the colors

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely stunning work of art!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooooo I love how the scene continues around the block

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE how the Outdoor Scene flows around the Block!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic! What a beautiful little scene. Creative blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fantastic box. Love the scenery that extends across the box and tells a story. A great way to use our painting talents as well as use our paper crafting ideas.
    thanks for sharing a wonderful idea. I'm going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the colors on this one and the scene is wonderful. Another one to add to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is my favorite. I love all these beautiful colors and the scene reminds me of a farm. Always an array of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, wow, your scene is absolutely stunning! I love everything about it. It's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cool! The colors are fabulous and the scene is amazing. How great that you painted a panorama!

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful! I love the way the scene continues around the sides. Love you colors

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous! atb Love the richness of the colours . x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great job with the block! I love your little scene you made with it. Thanks for sharing a wonderful idea with us.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous. Such a fantastic scene you created. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your scene! These Artist trading boxes are very cool! Like the idea! Thank you for inspiring and sharing your work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is stunning. I love the sky and all of your details. you are very talented. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!