Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer means Projects, right?


Hi blog friends,

Summer always has expectations of fun and travel even when it's just down the hill from home. I'm usually ready to get going on projects in all my unfinished puddles as well. The problem is I end up mixing them all up together and getting injured. Go figure, right. I'm doing all the activities I want to do and it gives me grief in return. Ha.

So while my sewing, knitting, papercrafting, bicycle and swimming suit have all sat idle, I've been laying in a recliner or flat on my back recovering from strained and scarred back muscles. Yes, you can giggle at me or with me if you've been there too. Anyway, I'm able do short spurts of typing and one-button photo editing on existing projects to share with you until I'm able to flex my neck and work with my hands at the same time on projects. Maybe I should try and work as Michaelangelo did on the Sistine Chapel, flat on my back. Hmmmm, I' would probably end up with more glue on my face than my project.


This card was done for the July 4th Mix-Ability challenge MIX75: I Love a PARADE. I stamped one of the Peaceful Medallion stamps multiple times on the charcoal background paper using the stamping with bleach tutorial on SCS. Then the sentiment from Moments Remembered is stamped on mixed media paper scrap adding a hand drawn frame. Medallions are stamped and hand painted with acrylic wash paints handcut and glued randomly to the card. Some mixed media paper is punched out in a few flowers and glued down for some eye flow assistance.

There are a few sales going on over at the Verve Shop. I hope you'll take the time to see the new release if you haven't already and also the Christmas in July sale. :)




Details:
Stamps: Peaceful Medallions, Moments Remembered (Verve Stamps)
Paper: White cardstock (Neenah), Charcoal and black cardstock (Wausau), Kelly green (unknown)
Ink: Jet Black (Archival, Ranger), acrylic paints, bleach
Accesories: flower punch (Fiskars), paper towel, scissors, adhesive foam squares (Tombow), black pen and ruler

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!