Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Viva La Pastel!


Today is a start of a new month of Viva La Verve sketches and Julee is kickin' it with a pastel trio and sketch challenge.


If you're new to Viva La Verve or just getting back into the sketches you'll notice it's changed a wee bit. The challenge has moved to it's own blog! Twice a month there is a twist added to the challenge like this week is color. Get all the details about the challenge and prized on the Viva La Verve Challenge blog!

Here's my card sample for the sketch.


I started with a paper pad from Authentique called Delightful and found the sweet blue and green from the challenge. Then I used the graph stamp from Making a Statement around the middle of my background paper (notice the pink?) inking in Crumb Cake ink. I wanted some subtle direction on the right side of the card so I used the chevron stamp from Borderline in Crumb Cake to make that happen.

I added my mixed media touch with white gesso around the outside and then... I added pink (Painterly Pink to be exact) because the mood was swinging with pastels.

The focal cluster is made up of Flag It Die Set pennants stamped with the chevron stamp, the Banner Bundle Die (largest one) and a DIY circle ring of three (I used two circle dies faced cutting edge down to center then taped them together.) Gesso and pink paint smudged around the borders and then a perfect (fork technique) bow from Moss Green ribbon. Oh, and I used the paper piercing kit and piercing tool around the circle and bottom layer.

I hope you are having a great week... regardless of the weather or schedule you might have, I will wish you find something to enjoy, to relax about or laugh over. See you next week!

Details:
Stamps: Making a Statement and Borderline (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Delightful (Authentique), Kraft (Neenah)
Ink: Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Flag It Die Set and Banner Bundle Die Set (A Cut Above, Verve), paper piercer kit and piercer tool (Stampin' Up), Moss Green ribbon (Summer Sailing Ribbon Collection, Verve), acrylic paint (Painterly Pink, Claudine Hellmuth), white gesso

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I just love the colors, how you used the graph stamp, just everything!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!