Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March Diva Dare and new Verve SOON!

Lost my attention and forgot to hit publish this morning, so here's my post a little late today. 

I'm sharing my take for this month's 'Do the Polka' Dive Dare. I really had a good time with this challenge. Let's take a tally of my DOTS, shall we?



I have miniature dots from the print on the pattern paper, Out of Print by Basic Grey, embossed dots from Sissix Dots embossing folder, stamped dots with the new Verve set Better Together, red rhinestones, and polka dots from the Basic Polka Dot Ribbon Collection.

When I first started stamping I made it to almost all of the workshops that a friend ran from her kitchen table. She would teach us to not use up all of our expensive patter paper buy cutting out the centers of our mat layers. So I brought that back to make a frame for my bottom mat layer. It's a nice twist and a way to remember the good ole' days. :)

Another thin trend I've been seeing is thread wind up around chipboard pieces or by bows. This is not the clean and perfectly placed twine and cord of a few years ago, but mangled and knotted version like it's in a bird's nest. So after I took my frame to the sewing machine I pulled red floss through the stitches and I also wrapped a few strands around my finger for another style. Not sure about how well I nailed that new look, but I had fun tangling it up anyway.

So are you ready for the dare? Create something posted March 7th or later and then link it up for a chance of two prize winners. Have fun with the polka dare this month!

Details:
Stamps: Better Together (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Out of Print by Basic Grey, Haute Red (Wausau)
Ink: Real Red, Really Rusty, Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Black/Cream Dot ribbon (Basic Polka Dot Ribbon Collection, Verve), Sissix Dots embossing folder, red rhinestones (Want 2 Scrap), sewing machine and black thread, cinnamon red floss (Sew Easy Floss - (red), We R Memory Keepers)
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful, the red thread pulled through the stitching is awesome

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!