Skip to main content

Post Valentines


It's a lovely Sunday day and I'm at the computer looking through my project photos on my camera and realize I've left a few from you! Isn't that awesome! I've been on the shy side of posting since my surgery last summer so I just assumed that I had nothing left to post for the month. What a nice surprise for me, too!


I wanted my kids to give their teachers a little more sweetness in a card than in food, so I grabbed some of Verve's lovely Valentine sets. These were the easiest cards to through together. I was so excited to be able to finish both of them in just an hour. That's considered a miracle in my studio.


The January release has some awesome sentiments that work for more than just Valentine season. Here's a valentine style card though that I made for the release.




Teacher Valentine #1 Details: 
Stamps: Love Notes (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Balsa and Kraft (Neenah), Love Notes (My Minds Eye)
Ink: Real Red and Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Gold (Autumn Elements Ribbon Collection, Verve), Pennant Trim Die (Verve), adhesive-flat back pearls

Details: 
Stamps: Love Notes (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Balsa and Kraft (Neenah), blue (Stampin' Up!), Love Notes (My Minds Eye)
Ink: Real Red and Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Strawberry Cream (Truly Madly Deeply Ribbon Collection, Verve), Pennant Trim Die (Verve), adhesive-flat back pearls

Details:
Stamps: More than Love (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Yours Truly (Pebbles), White (Neenah), various lt. blue, pinks and reds
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), acrylic paint (Claudine Hellmuth), Real Red
Accessories: Wavy Hearts die set, From the Heart die set (A Cut Above, Verve), Crystal Clear EP (Stampin' Up), sewing machine and black thread
Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...