Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, November 22, 2013

Mix-Ability Challenge - Flock of Feathers


Today I'm hosting the Mix-Ability Challenge. 
Come on over and take the MIX 43 Challenge to use two different types of mixed media for your feathers on your project. 


I created two different feathers in a cut file for this project, just because I'm that crazy about my Inspiration Cutter. Once I had them cut out, I put some paint down on them and started adding the mixed media layers.
With a white ink pad, I stamped the Dream Text background stamp from Stampendous onto the painted feathers. I also stamped with some bubble wrap with the last layer using a dry plastic bristle brush and white gesso to make the barbs of the feather.


I stamped Wander Lost from Stampendous onto Kraft cardstock and surrounded it with a feather stamp I created with craft foam sheet. It is so easy to cut and glue to cardboard for your one-of-a-kind stamp.


And I stamped it in the corner of the background paper, too.


Here's the little guy I created.


To do this you draw your shape with a blunt pencil, a sharp one would just jab into the foam and frustrate you, then use good precision scissors to cut out the shape. I used Tombow Two-Way glue (green bottle) to glue down on a scrap of cardboard.

I'm glad you stopped in today and I hope you'll come join us in the Mix-Ability Forum at any time for any of our challenges!

Details:
Stamps: Wander Lost, Dream Text (Stampendous!)
Paper: Balsa, Kraft (Neenah and Wausau), handmade paper
Ink: Colonial White (CTMH), Acrylic Paints, Onyx Black (Versafine, Tsukineko)
Accessories: Pazzles Inspiration Cutter, Feather file, bubble wrap, dry plastic bristle brush

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!