Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, June 7, 2013

Just a Smudgin' Around the Edges


Today I'm hosting the Mix-Ability Challenge and we are smudging around the focal point of our project. Here's the linky to the challenge! And here's my whole project.


I started with a piece of watercolor paper that is the same size as a deep edge canvas which made it easy to stamp and color before fully committing to it on canvas.

The flowers from Verve's Let It Be set are stamped in a water resistant ink and colorized by adding chalks around the edges. I was able for the most part to get a clean white border on the paper because I taped down all four sides onto my craft mat.

I used stencils for the background patterns. Julie Balzer's Mini Wonky Circles stencil is the first one I used and scribbled some chalk into the open spaces and rubbed it in with my fingers. The extra powder that collected on the edges was smeared in and gave a great fade out to the edges. The second stencil is Studio Calico for the chevron pattern where I spritzed over it with watered down acrylic paint. That was fun!

The sentiment is also from Let It Be from Verve Stamps and then smudged with chalks.

Before everything was put on the canvas I doodled some frames around the sentiment and background piece.

Get out your chalks, paints or whatever color medium you have on hand and join us for a smudgin' project party.

Details:
Stamps:  Let It Be (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  watercolor paper (Fluid), white cardstock (Neenah)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko)
Accessories:   paper chalks (ProArt), acrylic paints, drywall tape, stencils (Studio Calico and Crafter's Workshop ~ Jen Balzer), black pen (PITT, Faber Castell)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!