Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, April 19, 2013

Feeling a little mixed and POPpy today


It's another mixed media challenge and Dina's got a great one for us with the Mix-Ability Challenge. I pulled up my sleeves, only to get more messy with my paints, and created a card.


I started out with some scraps of cool colored pattern paper and glued them to an index card I printed lines on for a rolodex project (see the day number faintly in the top right corner?). I watered down my warm color acrylic paints with water and brushed them on scraping and smudging it around with an old credit card. A layer of gelatos blue set around the edges before gluing it on to a purple mat.


It was time for a splash of warm. I stenciled on a slight mix of Medium Red and Naphtol Light Red acrylic using a Deco Art stencil in the bottom right corner. My old toothbrush was loaded with watered down warm grey paint and splattered all over.

I used a fine line Sharpie to outline everything once I added a cut out sentiment from another piece of scrap paper. I added some leaves from another Deco Art stencil and outlined again. Some dabs of warm grey paint for highlights throughout the card front and then it was time to add it to a kraft card base.

Details:
Stamps: none
Paper: scraps of paper
MEDIA: Acrylic Paints - Light Blue, Phthalo Turquoise, Phthalo Green, Medium Red, Naphtol Light Red and Warm Grey; Sharpie Fine Line marker
Accessories: Deco Art stencil for Martha Stewart line, glue, paintbrushes and toothbrush

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!