Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Facts are Facts

When I'm not posting my traditional cards it's because I'm knee deep in some other craft. Today I'm sharing a simple useful project I ended up making because there were none on the shelf of my local store. It would have cost me more in gas to drive to another store to buy a set of flash cards than just going home and making them myself. I mean what don't I have that would work for making a simple stack of cards?

I snapped a shot of the flash cards using TinyPost on my iPhone.
It's a fun little app to have.

I started with a free template I found at Teachers Pay Teachers by Sara Warren. I started to print and something happened to the lines... I'm not sure but probably user error, so I recreated these flash cards in CorelDraw and added the answers for the reverse side. My mother-in-law reminded me to add a rounded corner so they could be easily shuffled correctly, so I grabbed my Corner Chompers and made an easy (but long) job of rounded the corners.

We have an older version of flashcards that were gifted to us from a retired teacher. They are priceless and I'll be keeping them, but when I went to organize them I found gaps in the system. One of the cards was a how-to and it also had cards that were worksheets. I'm not sure what those were for but I recreated them with my new larger set of flash cards. :) I wanted a reference to the cards on the worksheets so I hand stamped red numbers on the bottom of each one. Although it adds a nice vintage look to them, I had already printed, cut and corner rounded this set and still wanted those numbers.  I'll not be doing that again.

Oh my stars! Julee has select stamps and dies on sale with 30% off the regular price. When I say 'select' that doesn't mean only a few, there are a lot of goodies on sale! Go check it out by clicking on this badge!



Details:
Stamps: Office number stamp (Staples brand)
Paper:  white cardstock (Neenah)
Ink: laserjet printer, Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: 1/8-inch and 1/2-inch corner rounder (WRMK Corner Chompers), flashcard template

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!