Skip to main content

Facts are Facts

When I'm not posting my traditional cards it's because I'm knee deep in some other craft. Today I'm sharing a simple useful project I ended up making because there were none on the shelf of my local store. It would have cost me more in gas to drive to another store to buy a set of flash cards than just going home and making them myself. I mean what don't I have that would work for making a simple stack of cards?

I snapped a shot of the flash cards using TinyPost on my iPhone.
It's a fun little app to have.

I started with a free template I found at Teachers Pay Teachers by Sara Warren. I started to print and something happened to the lines... I'm not sure but probably user error, so I recreated these flash cards in CorelDraw and added the answers for the reverse side. My mother-in-law reminded me to add a rounded corner so they could be easily shuffled correctly, so I grabbed my Corner Chompers and made an easy (but long) job of rounded the corners.

We have an older version of flashcards that were gifted to us from a retired teacher. They are priceless and I'll be keeping them, but when I went to organize them I found gaps in the system. One of the cards was a how-to and it also had cards that were worksheets. I'm not sure what those were for but I recreated them with my new larger set of flash cards. :) I wanted a reference to the cards on the worksheets so I hand stamped red numbers on the bottom of each one. Although it adds a nice vintage look to them, I had already printed, cut and corner rounded this set and still wanted those numbers.  I'll not be doing that again.

Oh my stars! Julee has select stamps and dies on sale with 30% off the regular price. When I say 'select' that doesn't mean only a few, there are a lot of goodies on sale! Go check it out by clicking on this badge!



Details:
Stamps: Office number stamp (Staples brand)
Paper:  white cardstock (Neenah)
Ink: laserjet printer, Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: 1/8-inch and 1/2-inch corner rounder (WRMK Corner Chompers), flashcard template

Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...