Skip to main content

Christmas Bling is Silver and Gold

If you are looking for the Verve and Ribbon Carousel Hop scroll down to the next post.

Today I'm playing along with the Silver and Gold challenge over on Do You Stack Up Card Challenge blog with some of my other Stampendous DT gals. We'd love it if you joined us and hopped around from the list on DYSU blog. Stampendous is one of the sponsors for this challenge and some prizes are available. So if you like the bling on my card you'll want to play along to have a chance to win a prize!


I'm using some of Stampendous Impressions' finest and most festive Essentials on this card. It's all about the silver and gold, right? Well here's the breakdown on this card.

The black square panel was stamped with the Jumbo Pinecone Boughs stamp with Versamark once and embossed with Detail Gold Embossing Powder then stamped with Versamark a second time and embossed in Sterling Silver Embossing Powder. Changing to the Fran•táge technique of sprinkling Essentials over the top and heat setting from the back, I added Aged Green Embossing Enamel over the thickest part of the image where the pinecone's are located. Add some Jeweled Gold Mix over the gold bough and Silver Halo Mix over the sterling silver bough.

The sentiment is watermark stamped with Versamark and embossed with in Hematite PearLustre Powder. I used a circle diecut one the sentiment and then the next larger circle on black cardstock. The black cardstock needed to pop a bit so I added Versamark directly to the edges from the pad and embossed with Midnight Black Embossing Powder. The sentiment is trimmed with Silver Halo Mix and Sterling Silver Embossing Enamel on the opposite of the same color bough and then did the same thing with the Detail Gold Embossing Powder and Jeweled Gold. I sprinkled Chunky White Embossing Enamel all over it for a snow effect before I embossed the silver and gold goodies.

For the delish embellishment, I tied May Arts Crushed ribbon in a knot glued it down behind the black square panel. The jingle bells? They are embellished with the one-two punch of coordinating embossing powders and glitter mix just as I did on all the previous embossing steps. Sterling Silver and Silver Halo Mix. Detail Gold and Jeweled Gold, but wait! I did realize I have Gold Halo in the Fran•táge Treasures Mix so I added that to the bell as well. To get the Essentials to stick to the bell, roll the bell around on the Watermark pad then hold it with a pair of tweezers while you heat emboss all the way around it. The bell stays hot long enough for the embossing to be sticky. Roll the bell gently around in the glitter mix of choice and then heat set the glitter. The bells are tied on with some May Arts Hemp twine. That's it!

Now it's time to hop over to the talented, Kristine Reynolds.

Details:
Stamps: Scrolled Seasons (Stampendous), Jumbo Pinecone Boughs (Stampendous via FranticStamper.com)
Paper: Green and black scraps
Ink: Watermark ink (Versamark, Tsukineko)
Accessories: Fran•táge Treasures Vintage Glitter Mix (has both halo mixes included), Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Sterling Silver Embossing Powder, Jeweled Gold, Aged Green Embossing Enamel, Chunky White Embossing Enamel, Midnight Black Embossing Powder, Hematite PearLustre Powder (all Stampendous), crushed silk ribbon and hemp twine (May Arts Ribbon), brass jingle bells, circle die cuts (Lifestyle Crafts)

Pin It

Comments

  1. Your card is gorgeous.
    Thank you so much for joining us at DYSU this week
    Denise (DYSU DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous to use both silver and gold! REally sets the sentiment off! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bells! I would not have thought about adding bling to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, stunning - I love that vivid green with the silver and gold - so full of drama and movement! Thanks for the inspiration over at DYSU.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...