Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, October 5, 2012

Pink in Bloom

 

Have you been inclined to use a little more pink on your creations lately? I have. Today I created a card for the new sketch on Viva La Verve Challenge. Maureen came up with a sweet little sketch that is oh so fabby! If you have some time to play we'd love to see them show up in the Verve gallery!


My card is using the Verve stamp set, Doodled Occasions. It's the cutest set ever! The Banner Trim die from Verve found it's way into the sketch, but I could resist a little swag of fun. I made a scrunchy flower with the Scalloped Flower Die and centered it with a jumbo brad spiced up with some Golden Rod Stickles (those bottles have been somewhat neglected in my supplies). Then my fingers were itchy for some paint and I just let them smudge some White, Light Blue, Dragon Fruit and Teal Blue craft paint in spots. Some hidden texture in this card can be found in the 1/8-inch scoring on the pink panel. It helped give the acrylic paint a chance to make a second pattern on the paper.

Hope you have a wonderful Friday, I'll be getting painty fingers again but this time with my son's Kindergarten class. We are going to be Eric Carle artists for the day!

Details:
Stamps: Doodled Occasions (Verve Stamps)
Paper: This and That Graceful (Echo Park), Kraft and Chocolate card stock (Wausau), kraft (Hobby Lobby)
Ink: Cocoa (CTMH), acrylic paint
Accessories:  Pennant Trim die (A Cut Above, Verve), Scalloped Flower die (A Cut Above, Verve), scallop die, glitter brads (WRMK), jumbo brad, handmade loopy flowers


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!