Skip to main content

Monday and I'm back to posting


Hello friends,

I didn't realize that I've been gone for a whole week of blogging! My goodness is that terrible! LOL So the truth of it is that I've had an ongoing nuisance with my lower back and hip, not to mention a small sprain in my thumb that prevents me from gripping things for long periods of time... like my markers!!!!!! I started going to the doctor two weeks ago (and still going) and I've been a bit mojo-less. I promise it has come back and I'll be providing some inspiration for you all. Stay tuned! Until then catch these tidbits.

Click to take you to Monday's blog links.
I have a couple of posts this week with Stampendous design team and May Arts Ribbon team. Oh my word, that company can put out some fantastic ribbons. You can start hopping with the teams today by going over to Stampendous blog. I'll be back on Tuesday with something to share and more links to hop along. There are prizes!!!!!


It's a new month and Stampendous is going Fabulous Floral! Join the designers as we challenge ourselves to get as Floral as we can! Here's a card I made that will make an impressionistic mark. I've kept it simple but dazzled up the petals with a sprinkle of Chunky White Embossing Enamel! The detail is in the center, though. I've added dabs of Beacon's glue and sprinkled my own mixture of Fun Flock from the Over the Rainbow kit. (There might be a photo series coming up on how I did this card, but I'm not going to guarantee it either. (It's a busy season around here.)

See the official rules on the first Saturday of the month at the Stampendous blog!



Details: 
Stamps: Magnolia Jumbo Stamp (Stampendous), Encouraging Words (Stampendous)
Paper: Kraft (Wausau), green pearlized 
Ink: Versamark Watermark Pad (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Chunky White Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), Hematite PearLustre Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Over the Rainbow Flock and Glitter Kit (Stampendous), Cotton Ball White Fun Flock (Stampendous)
Pin It

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness this is sheer brilliance!!!! I completely understand if there isn't a tutorial, but I'll be crossing my fingers! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...