Skip to main content

Celebrate the Week with Stampendous and Friends

 


We've managed to fly through another week of inspiration with May Arts and Stampendous! May Arts carries just about every time of ribbon, cord or what not a crafter could dream about... I guess that's why we all have have a splendid time adorning our projects with them. There have been so many wonderful projects for your inspiration and I can't wait to quickly show you mine so that you can keep moving through the hop! 


My frame is from another project that was a sweet lemon meringue yellow color, so I grabbed some Burnt Ochre acrylic paint and darkened it up a bit. I painted Beacon's Fast Finish product over it to seal it and give it a shine. :)

My image is a collage of background stamp, ribbon and colored image. There is a lot of fun techniques here that makes this an inexpensive gift or holiday decor. Let's look at the techniques from the background up:

  • Embossed Stampendous Tin Panel Background stamp in Aged Gold Embossing Enamel and Chunky White sprinkled around the edges.
  • Three May Arts ribbons across the background with the bottom sweetly tied with a bow, glued with ZipDry glue.
  • Stamp on a tail cut ribbon with Stampentous Scripty Blessings stamp using StazOn ink, glued with ZipDry glue.
  • Copic Marker colored Stampendous Crowned Angel stamp. Embellished with Crystal Embossing Powder on crown's jewel and star ornament, Fun Flock on angel outfit glued with Fabric-Tac. The whole image is sealed with Fast Finish for a glossy effect (see close up at the beginning of my post). It's then cut out and popped up with foam adhesive dots.
  • Drop this into the frame without glazing and it's ready for holiday decorating.

That's it, and now here is the master hop list for those who want to start at the beginning. Have fun and good luck... there are prizes still left to win!
Janelle Stollfus (you are here)

Here's the goodies I used on this project!
(there might be tag links on some of these products, so you can click away.)
Stampendous Tin Panel Stamp Stampendous Crowned Angel Stamp Stampendous Scripty Blessings May Arts Ribbons Beacon Adhesives Beacon Adhesives Beacon Adhesives Stampendous Essentials

Details:
Stamps:  Tin Panel, Crowned Angel, Scripty Blessings (Stampendous)
Paper: Killarney (Bazzill), Express It (Copic)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black, Versamark Watermark and Jet Black (Tsukineko), Copic Markers
Accessories: 5 Fabulous May Arts Ribbons, Chunky White Embossing Enamel, Aged Gold Emobssing Enamel, Crystal Clear Embossing Powder and Cotton Ball White Fun Flock (Stampendous), Fast Finish, Fabric-Tac and Zip Dry (Beacon Adhesives - Offiical Adhesives of TLC's Craft Wars)
Pin It

Comments

  1. so many techniques here that make this fab project, I could not give it away. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame is just gorgeous! Great use of tons of ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How festive! Love the Tin Panel embossed in aged gold. I must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous embossed background with the sweet Christmas Angel! Love the layers of ribbon and embossing! The frame is the perfect touch to showcase your lovely art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very definitely a bright and festive decoration for Christmas! I think I need to step out of the box and think about using cardmaking supplies for decorations more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! I love all that texture you got using the embossing powders and flocking!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the ribbons on this adorable project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Christmas frame! Love the colors and all the yummy May Arts ribbon you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing. I love the embossing, and the old looking frame, along with the stamping and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and colorful Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's what caught my eye: stamping on ribbon (I've never tried it), fun flock on the angel, and 3 ribbons as background behind the angel. I'm wondering whether it is necessary to use Staz On ink to stamp on the ribbon. I have just about every other kind of ink but that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of products, Janelle! Wonderful decor!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome project. I am a new follower and on the blog hop.
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous project Janelle, love the colours and the crackle looks really fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! your creativity always amazes me! This is stunning, Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That background looks fantastic, and I love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic! Love that you've done a 3D project. So great to have this variety. What a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing with us this week, Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors in this! I am now in the holiday spirit :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...