Skip to main content

Freshen your design with a Citrus Challenge


It's officially the new challenge month for Stampendous and we are going to use Citrus Colors. How about joining along with us? We'd love for you to freshen those layouts, sketches, 3-D projects or any project with a Citrus twist and then link up with us on the challenge blog.

You can go to the Stampendous Blog and get all the details today!

My card today is a flub one... I mean fun one. Okay so I really did flub a bit on it. In real life it had some acrylic brushed on top of the green pattern paper and then I embossed  the sentiment in Pirate's Gold. It looked awesome! When I photographed it to share with you today, the sentiment would NOT show up. No matter which way I positioned the card or my light source it just wasn't going to show up. So I stamped again and embossed with the Stampendous Jade PEARLustre embossing powder and trimmed it to nestle in and over my Pirate's Gold sentiment. I'll just call it my buried treasure! LOL


Now for the fun! It's Citrus Colors! How refreshing isn't it. My card base went to the Martha Stewart Score Board first and got a lattice treatment. I used some pattern paper from Spring Fling MatStack by DCWV. The fabulous glittery border was made by measuring away from the edges with my c-thru ruler and a pencil. Then I carefully lined up my 1/8" Perfectly Tack Tape along the line and cutting it with a sharp utility knife. Take off the red protective cover and sprinkle glitter over it.  The sentiment and butterflies are from Garden Beauty Clear Stamp Set. Both are stamped with VersaMark Watermark Ink pad and embossed with Jade PEARLustre Embossing Powder. The butterflies received a little more attention with my Quickie Glue Pen to add a dash of Fun Flock from the Rainbow Glitter and Flock Kit. 


Featured Products from Stampendous

(click an image to go to the Stampendous webstore )
Garden Beauty
Perfectly Clear
Stamp Set
Rainbow Glitter
and Flock Kit
Jade PEARLustre
Embossing
Powder
VersaMark
Watermark Pad
Find a Store
near you!


Details:
Stamps: Garden Beauty Stamp Set (Stampendous)
Paper: Spring Fling MatStack (DCWV), Kraft (Wausau), Yellow, White (Mohawk Paper)
Ink: VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad (Tsukineko), Cinnamon Toast Marker (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Jade PEARLustre Embossing Powder (Stampendous), ribbon (Offray), Score Board (Martha Stewart)

Pin It

Comments

  1. Ooooooooooh dearie this is soooooo gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Delicious colors too!

    Thanks for popping in,Janelle! I hope you are having a lovely summer so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combined the colors, it makes for a really classy and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Janelle, very stylish and elegant - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...