Skip to main content

There is a Wedded Bliss


At least some days there can be!  I was in crafty bliss creating this card I'm sharing today. I grabbed a bunch of supplies and had fingers flying all of the craft room. My favorite playlist booming in the background. It was a fun time just for me.

The Viva La Verve challenge for June is wrapping up in a few days. Plenty of time to create some projects with all the sketches. See this post in the forum for all the sketches lined up and the deadlines and prize waiting for one champion!


The card is using Teresa's awesomely angular sketch for Viva La Verve sketch this week.

I'm keeping it simple with my post today. We've got some tennis plans with the kids and I need to be ready to go if my hubby can get away from extra work this weekend.

I made everything on this card, save the pearls, corsage pin, paper and ribbon. I used a hole punch and a perforated rotary blade to make the base mat. A EK Success Rounded hole punch and the same rotary blade for the second mat. Roughed up the edges of those mats with MM Edge Scraper tool. The crackle paint spool for the grosgrain ribbon is chipboard rounded with a Corner Chomper and painted with Ranger White Crackle Paint. All those mentioned were sponge distressed with Tea Dye and Walnut Stain Ranger Ink. Matching the glitter on the pattern paper I stamped and embossed the leaf sprig from Verve's Bloom and Grow set with Kaleidoscope embossing powder and cut it out with the coordinating A Cut Above Die Elegant Leaves. The flowers are rolled from pages of a $1 book from Michaels that I did a few months ago. I painted the pages with acrylic paint and then drew the spiral in pencil and left them for later. It's nice to have those on hand ready to glue on a project. I added some lace ribbon and adhesive backed pearl to the sketch for some polishing touches. The sentiment is cut out with the A Cut Above Die Ribbon Banner Die and stamped "Wedded Bliss" from the Small Celebrations set.

I hope you have a pleasant weekend and some inky time!

Details:
Stamps: Small Celebrations (Verve Stamps), Bloom and Grow (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Coral Couture Matstack (DCWV), green and tan cardstock
Ink: Tea Dye and Walnut Stain (Ranger), Versamark Watermark Ink (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Ribbon Banner Die (A Cut Above Die, Verve Stamps), Elegant Leaves die (A Cut Above Die, Verve Stamps), Crop-a-dile (WRMK), Perforated Rotary Blade (Fiskars), Round Binding Edge punch (EK Success), Distress Crackle Paint (Ranger), corsage pins (Panacea), Mica Fragments (Stampendous), Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder (Stampendous), adhesive back Sunflower Yellow Pearls (Queen, Co), Icicle Glimmer Glaze (Tattered Angels), Tuscan Sun Shimmer Spritz (Shimmer Spritz),  lace ribbon (Walmart), Mellow Moss ribbon (SU!)
Pin It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...