Skip to main content

Summer equals Birthdays!


Ready for another challenge with the Stampendous team?  Throughout the month of June we are challenging ourselves (and you) to make a card, project, gift, altered item, or a bit of home decor that is related to SUMMER!  That's right, we're celebrating the start of summer all month long!


Stampendous has the cutest KIDDOS! That's what they are named and it fits them so well! I've used Hula Kiddo on my daughter's birthday card today which it happens to be today. Out of the four in our immediate family only one of us does not have a birthday in June. It's three weeks of birthday cake for this family... yum! LOL

Back to our hop! I colored this dancing Hula Kiddo with Prismacolor pencils and then added some fun pops of color and texture with Fun Flock from the Over the Rainbow kit in purple, green and blue. I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Assortment set and then I added some fun Chiffon Color Fragments across the bottom of the image by sprinkling them over some Mono Liquid Glue (you can see it better in the top banner photo on this post.)

That's it from me, but be sure to check out what my teammates have created for the challenge today!


Don't forget, we want YOU to play along with us!  Simply make a summer themed project of some sort and add the direct link for your project to our collection at the end of this post (or on the Stampendous blog) no later than Thursday, June 28 at 11:59 PM EST .  You do not have to use Stampendous products, but we sure love it when you do!  As an extra incentive for playing along, one lucky crafter (drawn at random) will receive this fabulous new Friendly Phrases Perfectly Clear stamp set:

As an even bigger incentive, if you use Stampendous products on your project, that entry will count twice, which increases your chances of winning!  Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address.  We hope you have a chance to play along with us (you can enter as many times as you'd like!) this month...Happy Crafting!



Details:
Stamps: Hula Kiddo (Stampendous), Birthday Assortment (Stampendous)
Paper: Confetti Holly Hazelnut pattern paper (American Crafts), Lime Crush (Bazzill Basics), black and white (Mohawk) cardstock
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento, Tsukineko), Prismacolor pencils
Accessories: Over the Rainbow kit (Stampendous), corner punch (Martha Stewart)

Pin It

Comments

  1. So bright and summery! Perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do SUCH amazing things with the color fragments - I adore your projects with them!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Love the touches of flock. Btw, my birthday is in June, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable!!! She looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...