Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, June 29, 2012

Fairy Princess Invitations are full of fun and glitter


I have a friend, whom I absolutely adore, that is so hard to figure out a type of gift for give. So whenever there is even the slightest need that I might be able to help out... I jump on it! LOL

My friend's daughter is going to have a Fairy Princess Birthday Party in July. It's going to be a tea party and a fancy one at that. When she asked if I had any stamps that would fit a birthday of this type... I snickered and worked my angles to find out what she needed. I quickly looked for some stamps and found THE adorable Miss Fairy Grace in my digital stamps file. She was perfect for the card. I grabbed my Copic markers and started coloring 5 printed images, each one specifically colored to look like the invited princesses. I needed a tea cup and sentiment on the cover. I dusted off my graphics software and went to work. Is that not the cutest cup!!!!! I really am tickled with how it turned out. Just tickled.


The card base is embossed and left simple so I could focus on the magic and glitter any Fairy Princess should possess (on a card.) The digital image is cut out with a circle die and matted with a Scalloped Lacey die. I fussy cut out the sentiment banner and popped it up with foam adhesive dots. I added two types of glitter to the card front. The wand, wings, hair flower and dress trim are lined and dotted with the Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. My new toy is a Quickie Glue pen. Yes, I think I'm in love with that pen! It freely and precisely rolled glue where I scribbled so I could dust on some Martha Stewart Charoite glitter around the die cuts and below sentiment banner.


And for those curious of the Copic palette from all of these cards... (click to enlarge)




Details:
Stamps: Fairy Grace (DigiStamp Boutique)
Paper: White (Mohawk), Perfectly Plum (Stampin' Up), Purple 
Ink:  LaserJet, Copic Markers
Accessories: Circle and Scalloped Lacey Dies (Spellbinders), D'Vine embossing folder (Cuttlebug), glitter (Martha Stewart), Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura), Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!