Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day!


This is the last month of the school year and it's going to be a busy one for us. How about you? There's no stopping us now, it's the home stretch, right? We have our little ones in soccer this spring and it brings back so many memories about the all day outings when my hubby and I played on leagues. It's fun and exhausting. So our week has sprouted three extra outings on top of all the field trips and regular activities which makes for a busy month ahead.

I'm a bit chatty today, but speaking of field trips, I volunteered to chaperon first grader's on a field trip last Friday. They were able to go to the Idaho Botanical Gardens because of a special donation specifically to pay for the buses. What a wonderful opportunity. It turned out to be pretty cold and raining though. The sun would peek out ever so often and then it would get windy or a couple of times it hailed on us. Spring weather is always a treat!


Okay onto my card for today. I wanted to post this last week, but my time got away from me. It's using the April Sketch For You to Try from Jen del Muro. I had started some flowers for another project, but they weren't working out as I thought, so I gave them a bit of a color twist with the blue center's and that made all the difference. These flowers are from Verve's April release Joyful Blooms Set and they started out on cream paper die cut with the coordinating Joyful Blooms Die Set. When I finished coloring them the nice edge that the die created didn't fit in with my new color scheme, so I fussy cut them away. Creative process is funny sometimes, isn't it.

My card base is pumpkin pie that I couldn't believe I scored off center, but a Martha Stewart edge fixed that snafu. I ran that through my Cuttlebug with a Sissix embossing folder and direct to stamp distressed the raised dots with Really Rust and sponged a little around the edges of the card to soften it up.

I scored some blue scrap paper and was tempted to add pearls to the intersection of lines, but I decided to leave it simple so the flowers could steal the show. My sentiment is from the same Joyful Blooms set that I cut out with Verve's Charming Ovals Die Set. The flowers and sentiment are resting over a cajun craze circle die from Spellbinders that goes nicely with the edge punch, at least I was impressed. I dotted around the flower centers and across the bottom edge with black liquid pearl by Viva Decor and then added some Orange Peel Glitter Glue to the spellbinders circle.




Details:
Stamps: Joyful Blooms (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie (Stampin' Up), blue scrap
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Really Rust (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Charming Oval Die Set (A Cut Above Die, Verve Stamps), Edge punch (Martha Stewart), circle die (Spellbinders), score board (Martha Stewart), Dots embossing folder (Sissix)

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janelle this card is beautiful I love those flowers and your colour is perfect well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!