Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, May 4, 2012

~Enjoy~ The Weekend!



Enjoy your weekend!


I've got a quick little card that's been waiting to show up on my blog today. I'd like to say that something else like technology stopped be from posting it, but actually I've been very lethargic lately. I'm hoping for some extra sleep this weekend and sunshine on my face to remedy that. My card is using the sketch from Viva La Verve. Last Friday kicked off a new month of sketches and this one is loosely based off of the first week sketch by Diva Amber Hight.



I've got some painted panels today that weren't even in the picture when I envisioned my card. For some reason my browns weren't playing nice together so I created some brush strokes here and there with some umber and white acrylic paint. I used Verve's Small Celebrations with my favorite scroll work circle frame and the simple "Enjoy" sentiment. I added that to the sketch because the pink hue wasn't representing well. The rest of the sketch is using some vintage graph paper handstitched and pattern paper from MME Hazel Paper pad that I stamped a leaf sprig from Verve's Autumn Splendor set. I embellished with a vintage button and something called a headpin with three glass beads on it.

It's a new month and new selection in the Verve Sale bin! Check it out: Thankful Accents is on sale which has the larger version of the Small Celebrations circle frame I used on my card today.


Details:
Stamps: Small Celebrations (Verve Stamps), Autumn Splendor (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Hazel Papers (Stella Rose, MME), chocolate (Wausau), pink, vintage graph paper
Ink: Chocolate (CTMH), Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: Acrylic Paint, circle die (Spellbinders), twine (MS), button, glass beads, thin headpin, corner chomper, crushed velvet ribbon, brown thread, Sew Easy Tool


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!