Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, February 23, 2012

May Arts Week


Late post today folks. I've been working hard on some projects and it's keeping me away from my crafty projects. When it's all done I'll share a bit about it.


Today I've got a card that has some REALLY cool ribbon... or is it braided twine...????? Well, its best-selling Woven Burlap from May Arts! Stampendous and May Arts are partnering this week to bring you lots of fun and yes.... giveaways! Keep informed of all the fun {and giveaways} by heading over to Stampendous' blog and May Arts blog.


My square card has two different Stampendous images. All three ribbon wrapped layers were stamped with the new Garden Background stamp in brown and embossed with Detail Clear Embossing Enamel, then one was colored with paper chalks. It looked too new so I spritzed it with some coffee spray (Fran style - water and instant coffee mixture) and quick dry with a heat gun.

The other side is stamped with the Carte Postale cling stamp. Everything, really, was spritzed with coffee and then heat dried. I glued them all together leaving the edges free for curling. The base of the card is spritzed, why not, then run through my Cuttlebug with a Sissix texture plate and heat dried and spritzed some more and heat dried. I think I'm getting addicted to the coffee spray. It's makes the card smell sooooo good.

When I glued it all together, it looked like it needed something extra so I grabbed the Shaved Ice bottle and put that coffee spritzed post card on ice!

Did I really mean to say that I stamped all three carte postale's on both sides? Yes, I wanted the recipient to be tickled when viewing the curled postcards edges and see they were like a real one. Not that most people investigate a card that way, but you never know.

How about this! I've been asked to continue on with Stampendous as a regular designer! Let's celebrate with y'all going out and getting a Stampendous product!!!!! I am in love with all of the fun Essentials and you are going to drool over the new stamps coming out in a few months. I'm honored to wear this blog badge!




Details:
Stamps: Garden Background (Stampendous), Carte Postale (Stampendous)
Paper: Kraft (Wausau), Cream (Wausau)
Ink: Brown (CTMH),
Accessories: Shaved Ice (Stampendous),  Detail Clear Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), Woven Burlap ribbon (May Arts), texture plate (Sissix), Spray/Splatter bottle (Stampendous)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!