Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Verve's Plain Jane Verses

It's a Sunday post from me today. I'll be relaxing with my family and hopefully having a nap to get ready for the week. Verve's January release has two Plain Jane's that have some delightful work of fonts as well as the meaning of the verse's they are displaying.

The first Plain Jane is on a card using week 3 sketch for Viva La Verve Challenge on SCS.

Verve's Psalm 63:3-4 Plain Jane and
Twitterpated sets,  All Aflutter and Wavy Hearts
A Cut Above Die sets  
I have lots of little Verve-y touches on the card from the Verve January release and one old favorite of mine. Let's see if we can find them all. The Sweet Scallop die that's stamped and embossed with the new Psalm 63:3-4 Plain Jane. The tag is keeping company with the small All Aflutter style butterfly that's in the Twitterpated set and cut out with the All Aflutter die. If you can CASE a sketch, I've added the heart shape in the VLV sketch for week 3 with the Wavy Hearts die.

A few years back I watched some sewing videos that I've been wanting to try out on cards. Sometimes a hand stitch look is what I want, but I don't have the time to do it. If you load a bobbin with your decorative thread you won't have to worry about it going through the needle or the paper.  I tried this out with a 6-strand embroidery thread on the Psalm's card.  Granted it's an old machine in need of a tune-up, I think it turned out really well! Try it out and let me know what you did to make it work in your sewing machine.

Verve's second Plain Jane Bible verse is Zephaniah 3:17. I used another Viva La Verve sketch for January.

Zephaniah 3:17 Plain Jane

This one is a bit dear to my heart. I've been working with a team of ladies for a year long theme in women's ministry. We used this verse as our direction for finding and sharing God's Love Story for each of us. A one-of-a-kind uniquely yours story to which no one can argue. In the CEV version it's worded a little different and I'd like to share that with you,
The LORD your God
   wins victory after victory
   and is always with you.
   He celebrates and sings
   because of you,
   and he will refresh your life
   with his love." (CEV)
 Remember I'm giving away some of my stash along with a few other friends. Check out the photo link in my sidebar called Purge Blog Hop.


Details for Better than Life:
Stamps:  Psalm 63:3-4 Plain Jane (Verve Stamps), Twitterpated (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Kraft (Wausau), A gift of love (Bo Bunny), Cream (Wausau)
Ink: Ruby Red (SU!), Vintage Photo (Ranger)
Accessories:  Sweet Scallop Tag Die,Wavy Hearts Die Set, All Aflutter Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), lace ribbon, silk ribbon (Martha Stewart), Liquid Pearls (Ranger), embroidery thread, 
sewing machine, Elegant Lines embossing folder (SU!)



Details for Rejoice Over You:
Paper: Victoria Gardens (Echo Park), White (Neenah), paper doily
Ink: Black Soot (Ranger), Worn Lipstick (Ranger), Versamark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: sewing machine, thread, corner rounder, border punches (Martha Stewart), Labels Fourteen nestabilities, handmade crochet flowers, gingham ribbon and Kiwi Kiss grosgrain ribbon(SU!), brad, detail black embossing powder (SU!)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!