Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

All Aflutter

Hello all,

It's the middle of the week and it's going to be a long day around here, but I wanted to get this simple (looking) CAS card out to you today. I know you'll be wondering what kind of magic tricks I performed on this card so I'll show and tell.

All Aflutter Plain Jane, Wings of Love, and Twitterpated stamps (Verve)
Hearts and Swirls Frame Die and All Aflutter Die (Verve)
At first look the All Aflutter butterfly looked symmetrical so I cut out two shapes with the All Aflutter die (super sweet by the way) and put them back-to-back. Yea, it was! I stamped the All Aflutter plain jane twice with Tuxedo Black and clear embossed them. I pulled out my copic markers and within a few seconds decided to create a Blue Morpho butterfly. Blue on the top of the wings and brown on the under-wing.



The butterflies are glued together sandwiching a string of nylon thread down the middle so there would be a way to attach it to the window of the card. 

The window of this card is created with the Hearts and Swirls Frame die. If you remember my post for the Verve After Party this month, you might remember that I talked about the guides on the die cutting two holes on the valentine cards. I simply added more holes to make it look purposeful. This time I didn't want the holes. I laid down the frame die on scrap chipboard and traced around it a couple of times and cut them out. Not too careful about it until I got to where the guides were located. Then I made sure to cut away any chipboard that might let those guides cut through my card front. Those two layers of chipboard were mono-adhesive glued to the back of the die and then it was time to cut out the window. It worked! There are only a slight indent on both of them, but nothing a finger nail can't smooth out. I stamped the "to fly." sentiment from the Wings of Love Set and added a two more periods for the ellipse.

I saved the shape cut out from the front and laid it back where it came from and carefully opened up the card. I made a few light pencil outline marks around it and then put the shape aside. I stamped the frame using a Stamp-a-Majig so that I could make sure that it would all show through the window. The sentiment "dream" from Wings of Love was stamped underneath it.

With the window complete I glued the butterfly to the inside cover of the card and hid the nylon thread ends with two hearts I stamped and fussy cut from the Wings of Love set.



I so appreciate your interest in my creativity here on my blog and want to say how thankful I am for your nice comments and suggestions all along the way. Please check out the Purge Hop link at the top of my side bar for a look at some blog candy!



Details:
Stamps:  All Aflutter Plain JaneWings of Love, and Twitterpated stamps (Verve) 
Paper: white cardstock (Mohawk)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Brilliance Tsukineko), Copic Markers 
Accessories:  All Aflutter Plain Jane (Verve Stamps),Hearts & Swirls Frame Die (Verve), clear embossing powder (SU!), nylon thread 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!