Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thank You Caregiver's in Greeley


I've been enjoying the little bits of time I've had this month to get in to my craft room. I thought I'd be able to handle all my obligations and still get a post or two in a week. It hasn't turned out to be that way at all, but I had to create when I returned home this weekend.

My card today is another Viva La Verve sketch Week 2 designed by Teresa Kline. She has a way with circle layouts, doesn't she you know. The theme of the card is for the SCS Hope You Can Cling To Challenge, Thank a Caregiver card with an attempt at the Try a New Technique challenge to stamp a border.

My father had many care-giver's in the last few years of his life. Life Care, Sterling House staff and most importantly my older brother and sister who took care of all the emergencies and "small" stuff that made a big difference in my dad's life. I mentioned in my previous post that he passed away this month from an injury resulting from his battle with Parkinson's Disease. While it isn't the focus of SCS challenge this month, I couldn't help but think of my dad and all the helper's he's had a long the way.

Some of my embellishments are from a RAK package Verve sent out a few months ago with my order. I've taken the dark brown trim and hand stitched it with some twine across the middle of the doily using old DMC embroidery thread. I needed to do a border on the card base and thought it would go quicker to use the sewing machine for the stitch holes and when I finished the holes on the back of the paper was a wonderful design so I left it alone and added a hand-drawn line. Some Cinnamon Stickles is dotted around the doily and the corners of the blank thread stitching to weight down my layout. The white tissue flower I made a while ago and saved just hoping I'd have a use for it. : )


The ticket is from the Lifestyle Crafts die set I fell in love with at my local scrapbook store. NEEDed it! LOL The stamped filigree is from the Verve set, Thankful Notes, that you can see around the circle pattern paper and the top of the ticket. "Thank You" is from the Words Cannot Express set from Verve also. The paper is from K and Company Ancestry.com pack




Details:
Card Size: 5 1/2-inch square
Stamps: Thankful Notes and Words Cannot Express (Verve)
Paper:  Pattern paper (Ancestry.com K and Company), Tissue Paper, White cardstock
Ink: Sage Shadow, Really Rust (Stampin' Up), Brown Bag, Parchment (CTMH)
Accessories: Sewing machine, Sew Easy Tool (MME), flower punches (EK Success and Stampin' Up), brown trim, hemp twine, embroidery floss, corsage pin, cinnamon and iridescent glitter glue (Stickles), paper doily, ticket die (Lifestyle Crafts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!