Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dream I Can Be


I'm playing along with Amber's week 1 sketch for Viva La Verve Challenge this month.  I thought I was following the sketch fairly close, but now that I've finished I see it's got a few proportions askew.

This card is also for the Splitcoast Stampers Hope you can Cling to campaign of Challenges to Bling the Cling! Check out the badge in my sidebar and take the link to get really inspired with challenges and support a good cause.


The pattern paper is from a Colorbok pad I spotted at discount store and I cut out the flower from one of the pages as an accent. I dusted off my embossing folder collection and brought out some Red Rust paper in my stash for the left panel and then again with a Martha Stewart loop edge punch. It's always hard to photograph glittery accents so I'll mention that the tip of each petal has a bit of glitter from a clear Spica glitter pen. It looks pretty neat in real life.

The sentiment is from Verve's Believe set. I stamped it a long time ago for another card that I could never get the parts to work well together, so I'm made this card to fit the sentiment! LOL (This Verve set is specially designed to use for those who may need encouragement and awareness about breast cancer in and around their lives. If you decide to buy this set from Verve, they donate $10 to the Susan G Komen for the Cure.)

I finished this card last night between two very difficult phone calls from my family back in Colorado. One was that my father was in the hospital with a head injury from a fall and another that he was no longer in pain from the Parkinson's that took away his freedom to move around on this earth. I wish I was there to have been able to say goodbye, but that's not how it was suppose to be. He'll be missed, but I'm glad he's not struggling with his Parkinson's any longer.


Details:
Stamps: Believe (Verve)
Paper: Colorbok Neutrals Pad, white, black and red rust scraps 
Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance Pad), Toner Gray Copic markers for flower petal shadows
Accessories: Martha Stewart loops edge punch and silver ribbon, antique ribbon from Lori Bowerman's tag sale finds, rhinestones (Craft Warehouse $1 bin), Sissix embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!