Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I've Got April Mojo Cards


Happy Thursday everyone!  April will be over in just three days and then we can practically blink to get through the month of May. This month has just gone by so fast that I can't believe it.

I wanted to write up a little post, which you know me and my short posts, so it really will be as little as possible on words but big on projects.

I had two other cards created for the Verve release this month, but didn't get them done in time for the Spotlight Hop week. A third card to play more those awesome Verve flowers from Love Deepens set.


This is my Shabby Bloom and Grow card that hidden somewhere is the Mojo 185 sketch. Look real close...it's really there.

A Handmade (as in name of the designer paper) Called Blessed card that I used the Mojo 186 sketch. I've got a theme going here!

My Hello Friend card is hiding Mojo 187 sketch in it somewhere. Yep, it's another squinter. Hey, I just realized I've done almost all of the Mojo sketches for the month of April. I might have to try and squeeze in one more this weekend. Here's hoping for some craft room time!

A quick mention on this last card. Seeing all the gorgeous cards from Verve Diva Sankari this last release, I began to wonder how long it would take to create a card with all those liquid pearl dots. I didn't have any liquid pearls but I subtly added Black Diamond Stickles wherever I thought I could. This card doesn't come close to the amount of time per dots she puts in her cards, but I now have even more appreciation for her craftsmanship.

Details:
Shabby Bloom and Grow Card:
Stamp: Hope Blooms & Bloom and Grow (Verve)
Paper: Cream (Wausau), Tan Catalog (Paper Pizzaz), graph paper (unknown)
Ink: Cocoa (CTMH), Tea Dye & Walnut Stain (Ranger), Really Rust (Stampin’ Up), Green fabric Paint (Tulip)
Accessories: Elegant Leaves Die (A Cut Above by Verve), gauze fabric (unknown), Fun Flock (Stampendous), Scallop edge punch (Recollections by Michaels), wax paper, lace (RAK from Lori B.), Pinking Shears (EK Success), gold brad (), white glitter (Martha Stewart), Ticket punch (Stampin’ Up), Sew Easy Tool (We R Memories), tatted butterfly (handmade)

Handmade Called Blessed Card:
Stamp: Proverbs 31:28 Plain Jane (Verve), Great Friend (Verve)
Paper: Handmade by Cara Marie (K & Company), green and gray cardstock (unknown)
Ink: Cocoa (CTMH), Charcoal (Colorbox)
Accessories: Floral Circles die (A Cut Above by Verve), Labels 3 and Classic Square die (Spellbinders), Sew Easy Tool (We R Memories), embroidery floss (DMC), mini Stapler (Tim Holtz), Scallop edge punch (Recollections by Michaels)

Hello Friend Card:
Stamps: Hope Blooms (Verve), Bloom and Grow (Verve)
Paper: Amy Butler Lotus Faded China (K and Company), white (Neenah), Black (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Midnight Magic (VersaMagic Tsukeniko), Colonial White (CTMH)
Accessories: Corner and border punch (Martha Stewart), Dots embossing folder (Sissix), gingham ribbon (Michael's store), white lace (unknown), tag punch (Stampin' Up), hole punch (Fiskars), miniature clothespin (Dollar Store brand), corner rounder (We R Memory Keepers), green ribbon (unknown), Black Diamond glitter glue (Stickles - Ranger, Ink)



2 comments:

  1. Way to showcase some Verve flowers :) Your cards are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cards are beautiful!!!! Just like you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!