Skip to main content

Wonderful Sweet Butterfly



 I was sitting with my children yesterday afternoon watching a new cartoon on PBS called Wild Kratts. They mentioned a few facts about how much a monarch caterpillar eats and compared it to either a human eating the same volume as 2 1/2 elephants or a human would grow to the size of 2 1/2 elephants. I'm fuzzy on the details since I was taking little naps throughout the show. {snort} In either situation I think I'd feel a bit miserable, but that's because I'm human and not destined to be a beautiful fluttering Monarch butterfly.  Nature is a wonderful thing when that consumption turns out to be a beautiful dainty butterfly. I know y' all are dreamin' now.

Anyway, I had made this card starting with the butterfly image that somehow found it's way into my recent order from Layers of Colors. Laura was so sweet to send me the Embroidery Butterfly that I really wanted to create something special to say thanks. Thank you Laura!

I started out trying to make my vellum look like aida cloth with a linen background stamp. It was another happy mistake as I prepped the linen-stamped-vellum with an embossing buddy and disastrously swiped away the ink from the vellum. I shrugged my shoulders and decided to just stamp the butterfly and emboss it anyway, but to my surprise a small amount of embossing powder stuck to the little bit of linen image left on the vellum. It was a shabby style direction for sure. My whole card, save the cardbase, was crumbled, sponged, water damaged and crinkled some more. Too much to describe but it was almost like making a clay pot on a pottery wheel. Way TOO much FUN!

Here are some details from the card showing other art stamps from Layers of Colors.


verse from The Love Chapter on DIY spiral note paper


Backyard Birds


sentiment from Flutterescent and the  Embroidered Butterfly

These stamps are bringing out a new style for me and I must admit that my camera likes taking photos of them. {wink}

Thank you for stopping and seeing my card today!

Details:
Stamps: Embroidered Butterfly, The Love Chapter, Backyard Birds, Flutterescent
Paper: K & Co. Jubilee, cream, graph paper from my mother-in-law's office supplies, vellum
Ink: Lovely Lilac, Ranger distress inks (antiqued linen, tea dye, walnut ink stain), CTMH brown bag
Accessories: Ranger Queen's Gold EP, SU! Gold EP, sewing machine and brown heavy duty thread, DIY spiral note paper edge (Mat Stack template, 1/16-inch hole punch, scissors), DIY glitter buttons (3 button dies in thin chipboard glued together for each button, tacky glue, MS gold glitter, Glossy Accents and metallic gold ink around the edges)

Comments

  1. Way too pretty to be just a card. I like the way you worked the bird into the mix. Beautiful cj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Janette - I just popped over to see what you have been up to and WOW - this is divine! I love the embossed Embroidered Butterfly - it is divine! I do love your style and am popping you on my Blog List today - I don't want to miss anything! Love the sentiment too - it could not be more perfect! Thank you for inspiring - love it! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda LOC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful details on this! Obviously the linen background was not a mistake at all...love the way it pops around the butterfly. Also love how you have the bird placed..checking out the butterfly. Just perfect details on this..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. What a beautiful"Mistake". I love all the gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...