Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Friday, December 10, 2010

What a Beau-tiful Wish!


Happy Friday everyone!

How are all of your Holiday projects coming along? Mine are slowly getting done and I'm not panicking yet (that's good news). It will all become clear that I didn't give myself enough time to get any of them done though, but that's okay. My family really understands how I work...they'll get it when I'm done with it. LOL

That's about the same with my card making. I've had this image colored and waiting to get put on a card since last weekend. I just had to take my time to figure out how to put it on a card. It needed a great framing style layout.



Winter Beau is the digital stamp on the main panel and she is my favorite from the December Offer of the Month. She's just amazing! I colored with Prismacolor markers and pencils, but I pulled out my chalks for a soft brown background around the image.

I layered some ribbon behind the main panel and then a panel of kraft stamped with Hero Arts Cling Stamp called Friend in Creamy Caramel. It's not even noticeable in real life, but the left and right side of the background panel was cut with a perforated blade.


The sentiment ensemble is stamped and embossed with a Verve saying out of the Kind Words set on a red cardstock scrap. I made a ribbon banner with a strip of leftover embossed white cardstock using the Stampin Up Petals a Plenty Textured Die and some more green grosgrain ribbon. I was in the mood to tinker around with a button and some beads and wire to finish off the ensemble.

The key ingredient in starting the layout happens to be the red ribbon tucked under the green grosgrain and the main image. That red ribbon is part of a fabulous grab bag I got at my local fabric store. I think there are over 10 yards of ribbon in all sorts of gorgeous styles and colors. The price of one bag? $0.20 I could not believe how gorgeous some of this ribbon was so I bought three bags. You just can't pass up that great of a deal, right?


Thanks for going down my thrifty lane for a bit there, but now on with my card for today.

I hope you enjoy your weekend and hopeful you all will find some time to relax.

Challenges I played in with this project are:
Splitcoast Stampers Ways to Use It - WT299 Letters
Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge - Christmas
Paper Issues - Holiday Hook-Up

Details:
Stamps: DSB Winter Beau, Verve Kind Words, Hero Arts Friend Definition
Paper: Old Walmart Scrapbook kit, kraft, Neenah Solar White, Real Red
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers and Pencils, Stampin Up Pastels, VersaMark, Ranger Walnut Ink Stain
Accessories: Craft wire, glass beads, green button, White embossing powder, green grosgrain ribbon, red satin ribbon, paper crimper, Stampin Up Petals a Plenty Textured Die, dimensionals, ISP red tape, Glue Arts Raise'n and Ribbon adhesives 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - love your layout!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a gorgeous creation just perfect for our Christmas challenge at the SCSC thanks for sharing it with us this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Janelle - such gorgeous detail and colours...love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!