Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Gifts of Tags


I mentioned in an earlier post that I was making some labels for a friend who gives out delicious food gifts. I finished up this project moments before I met with her the other day. Why am I telling you about this again?

I was finishing up the packaging part of the gift and I just had to share, that's why! It's so easy to pull together. The photos might not be the best because I really had no time to check them before I dashed out the door with it.


I've had this tutorial in my inspiration pile for awhile just waiting to get used, and it was just perfect for this gift packaging. The tutorial is from Susanna Boyd over at Paper Craft Planet for one of the 3D Challenges. I made a simple cover for it with a tag embossed in gold on kraft cardstock and some snowflake punches. I added just a bit more bling using my clear Spica pen on the snowflakes (which doesn't show well in any of the photos I took, sorry).


Two things that I didn't think about when diving in to the album were the dimensions of the labels and the size of the album. Tiny tag and 4-inch tall album. My solution to this minor dilemma was some clear acetate and a small amount of repositional tape on the back of the tiny label. She can just peel it off of the acetate and then apply it to her gift.

The ribbon on the labels made the album rather plump so I only put one each of the two I designed. I made a few tags using a new favorite stamp and die from Verve and inserted them in the rest of the slots. I put the remaining labels in a vellum envelope so she would have a place to store them without flattening out the ribbons. I know... too much information. LOL




Tag Album and tag Details:
Paper: Old scrapbook set from Walmart, I mean years old, kraft and gold cardstock scraps
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Ranger's Queens Gold embossing powder, Stampin Up Gold cord string, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, Martha Stewart Snowflake punch, Verve Sweet Scallop Die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!