Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Birthday Warm and Cozy


I'm stopping in for a quick post with another Beau image from DigiStamp Boutique's Offer of the Month. She's Birthday Beau.


I used my prismacolor markers on Beau and sponged Vintage Photo ink around the edges after rounding the corners. Matting is a dark red from my local paper store rounded a couple of corners on that one too. I had made some background paper a while ago and had it in a stash pile that I rounded the corners and placed on some Crumble Cake cardstock. I believe the technique I used is embossing folder first, then ink up a brayer to run across the raised texture and lastly use a mister filled with water to spread the ink a smidge (tiny amount). I stamped a sentiment from Stampin Up's Fresh Cuts and cut it out with Spellbinders Large Labels to tuck underneath the mat.

This is the first time I've done a ribbon technique like this and I didn't want to make a mess of my layout trying it out. My quick fix was to put some red line tape on a piece of scrap kraft paper and then if it turned out I'd adhere it to the card. That worked out so I wouldn't ruin the card and waste any ribbon!

After everything was on the card I grabbed my new favorite pen, Spica Clear glitter pen, and quickly traced a center line over all the embossing of the background paper. It doesn't show up in my photos ~at all~ but it looks really nice.


Thanks for checking out my creative puddle today!
Details:
Stamps: DSB Birthday Beau, SU! Fresh Cuts
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Kraft, Dark Red
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers, Vintage Photo ink, Spica Clear Glitter pen
Accessories: Offray ribbon, Tim Holtz Texture Fades EF, Spellbinders Large Labels, Crop-a-Corner, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!