Skip to main content

Just around the corner...


Hello everyone!

I apologize for being such a post-lackey lately. I've been changing around some of my life and trying to improve it a bit. You know the sleep and healthy eating are at the top of the list, but one of the changes is to be more organized in my posts and projects. You'll see some of the change here in a week or so, but until then I wanted to at least post something. Then Thursday night happened!

Last week was busy with MoPS (Mother of Preschoolers) day at the zoo and my hubby was off of work for three days to do projects around the house, but then Thursday night our irrigation water spigot wasn't turned in the off position and when the whole system came back on, our window well became flooded, half full in fact. It leaked through the window and soaked our carpet in one whole room and part of the landing to the stairs. No damage was done thankfully, but a lot of water to get sucked up, which we did ourselves. At one point we had the carpet padding line drying on our deck and a portion of the carpet sunbathing in our driveway! ROFLOL What a sight!

Everything has settled down a bit and I'm back to my normal busy life. I can finally sit down and create a post.

This month's Release at InStyle Stamps is being showcased all this week on the store blog. You'll have to hop on over there and check it all out! I'm taking a wee bit of a break and it's just tearing me up I can't create with all the great images this month, so head on over and drool with me as we window shop!!!!!! Then Friday is release day. All the images will be available in the store.

In honor of release week, I'm posting a card I made last month for the InStyle Stamps July Release week. I'm not sure how it was left out of my post then, but it's coming in handy for today.



This Witchy Cat is from InStyle Stamps July Release. It's such a whimsical cat and not too scary for me either. I colored him with my Prismacolor Markers and did that trick where you cut out a portion of the image around the edges but use a Nestabilities die for the rest. I'm not sure where I first learned about that technique, but it's been handy a few times.

I colored the background in with Pumpkin Orange Prismacolor marker and popped him up on some black paper. Printed out my sentiment and used my Tim Holtz On the Edge Brackets die to get that reverse scallop edge. Then I created some button flowers using RAK primas from Virginia (thanks Hon!) and some black button thread to tie them all together.

Have a great Monday everyone! Well I'll just say Tuesday now that the day is almost over.

Details:
Card Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches
Stamps: InStyle Stamps Witchy Cat
Paper: DCWV Paper Pack, Basic Black, Neenah Classic Crest,
Ink: LaserJet, Prismacolor Markers
Accessories: Primas Flowers, white buttons, Tim Holtz Alterations Edge die, Black Button thread, Offray Orange Sherbet satin ribbon, Large Oval Nestabilities Die

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends Purge Hop 2012

A few blogging friends of mine are having a hard time letting go of much loved papers and embellishments, so we decided to share them with all of you in a week long Purge Hop!  If you’ve already been hopping along you have come from Julee’s blog , but if you are starting here just look at the list below for all the links to before and after to get in on all the fun. Just comment once on the hop spots you want a chance to win and tell us what you spy as your favorite item(s). The hop will stay open until January 28th, 5PM ET. Each of my friends will post a winner from their prize post on Monday, January 30th!       1. Tosha 6.  Julee     2.  Andrea 7.  Janelle     3.  Maureen 8.  Betty     4.  Sonja 9.  Teresa     5.  Laurie Here's my treasured supplies I'm willing to give away!  Numerous 6 x 6 sheets of scrapbook paper from these ...

Let's Celebrate Plain Jane Style!

There is an Anni-Verve-Sary party going on today! Verve Stamp Company is 2 years old! The hop started at Verve's blog , so come hop on board and see over 5 dozen projects that are sure to get your Verve on! I've been waiting for the right time to blog about this project and when the opportunity came to join in the anniversary blog hop for Verve I knew it was time. My blog hop project today uses all Plain Jane Bible verses from Verve. I saw this project at Susan Roberts gallery on Splitcoaststampers and went to her blog to get the details . I decided to make one for my mother as a Christmas present...in 2008. Yep, I just now finished it and I have the blog hop to thank. Using sketches would have made this a whole lot faster. LOL The two cards shown in the picture above use the latest Plain Jane release for Psalm 121:1-2 (hanging on box) and Hebrews 11:1 (in front of box). And I'll give the details below, but first here's a slide show of the whole year. Hebr...

Stampendous New Products - CLOSED

The winner is announced on this post . Mark your calendar to join the Stampendous Design Team next Saturday, for a fun blog hop, complete with prizes you don't want to miss.  We'll be showcasing all sorts of products just released at Winter CHA! Welcome Second Annual Scrappy Bowl Party! Thanks so much for popping in to see my Scrappy project using some new Essentials by Stampendous! As our team is getting ready for the blog hop this coming Saturday I wanted to give you a sneak peek of a new product. It's gonna knock your socks off! The new Color Fragments are so much fun to work with and have so much versatility. The technique I used for this journal cover is the Encrusted Jewels Technique  (video). Color Fragments are sprinkled over Deep Impressions Embossing Powder along with Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel and heat set from the back of the project. (That's just so the fragments don't soar off the page and to the floor.) Now for the Sc...