Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Monday, July 12, 2010

InStyle Stamps Release Week - ALL WEEK long


Hello everyone!

Today is the start of an awesome week of new stamps at InStyle Stamps. Oodles of projects are being showcased every two hours at InStyle Stamps blog. If you missed the live posting just scroll back a few posts and see them. New stamps will be shown on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday! On Friday you can grab all the new images at the InStyle Stamps store!

My two projects today are already posted at the store blog, but what you haven't seen is all the other projects the Design Team has created. SO MUCH INSPIRATION!

Okay here are my two cards.

The first card is with Country Bumpkin. What a shapely fellow! LOL I love that all the lines for shading are already included in this image so there's not much coloring to do. I deleted the white background  around the image and saved it as a PNG so I could layer Country Bumpkin to make it look like a patch. No cutting out for me!  I drew some lines to give them a base to sit on and just colored some ghostly strips of blue behind them for a night time patch. The paper is all from my local paper store, remember it's not a craft store it is reams and reams of gorgeous wonderful paper, LOL, yes I love paper. Wausau Royal Fiber Chocolate, Blue and Kraft cardstock. I pulled out my neglected buttons and added a RAK flower from Virginia (thanks hun!) with brown button thread. Stampin' Up's orange ricrac and jewelry tag with Tiny Tags stamp to finish off my embellishments. My card size is A6 (4 1/2 x 6 1/4 inches)

Prismacolor markers Details: Country Bumpkins - Background - Cold Stone, Muted Turquosie, Pewter, Periwinkle, Cinnamon Toast, Sand, Light Tan; Pumpkins - Yellow Orange, Orange, Terra Cotta, Light Olive Green, Tulip Yellow. 



Mr. Scareycrow is another one of my favorites. I tried to make his clothes look sun-bleached and I think it came out pretty well. I was a bit lazy in figuring out embellishments for him, which Virginia did real straw on her project, so I just drew some wavy lines to mimic a picked over cornfield. I printed out a clever little sentiment and hand drew the callout around it (don't know why I didn't just use that tool in MS Word). It's up to you to figure the multiple meanings this saying could be, which makes this card perfect for Any Occasion. My paper is Neenah Classic Crest White, light tan scrap, Basic Black and Wausau Royal Fiber Kraft. The card is A6 size (4 1/2 x 6 1/4-inches)

Prismacolor Markers used for Mr. Scareycrow; Hat - Cinnamon Toast, Sienna Brown, Cold Stone, Periwinkle; Face - Blondwood, Khaki, Violet Mist, Parma Violet, Spring Green, Emerald; Shirt - Deco Peach, Poppy Red, Carmine Red; Straw - Yellow Orange, Goldenrod; Belt - Cinnamon Toast, Sienna Brown; Jeans - Cold Stone, Periwinkle, Mint Cream, Spring Green, Emerald, Violet Mist, Parma Violet; Boots - Cinnamon Toast, Sand, Lt Tan, Crimson Red, Cool Grey 50%; Cornfield background - Lt Olive Green, Brittany Blue, Sky Blue Light; Cornfield and Dirt - True Green, Leaf Green, Emerald, Dark Green, Cinnamon Toast, Sand, Lt Tan.

For release week I'll be including all the details inside my post. If you like that better than a list, let me know, I might change to that format all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Love the background treatment on the pumpkin patch! Both cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool pumpkins in the first card!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!